The health benefits and uses of Brahmi Powder
1. Brahmi powder comes from drying a special herb which grows in many places around the world. It has been used since ancient times as natural medicine.
2. Brahmi is commonly used in Ayurveda, an ancient healing practise which has been used for thousands of years. This powder has some wonderful health benefits for the human body.
3. The botanical name for this wonderful herb is Centella Asiatica, and it can be purchased online and in health food stores around the world.
4. This herbal powder is well known for boosting brainpower. The nutrients and compounds within have been shown to boost memory and concentration levels which helps you to think more clearly.
5. It acts as a nerve tonic and helps your bodies nervous system to control your energy levels. This helps you to sleep at night, but also keeps you focused and energetic during the day.
6. Brahmi is also available as an oil, which can be massaged into the scalp to get rid of dandruff and a dry or itchy scalp.
7. Brahmi powder can be taken internally by adding a small amount to a glass of water or milk. It contains many powerful antioxidants which have a detoxifying effect on the skin. This naturally gets rid of toxins in the skin and helps the cells to regenerate, making you look younger and healthy, also treating eczema, psoriasis and acne. It also helps internal skin which lines your digestive tract, improving digestion and health overall.
8. Massaging Brahmi oil into the forehead is said to have a calming effect for those suffering from anxiety and stress.
9. It is often used in Ayurvedic medicine as a mental tonic to prevent and treat those with mental disorders, and conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease. It contains compounds which help your cells to re-build brain tissue.
10. Brahmi has long been taken along with Vacha, another Ayurvedic herb to treat epilepsy. The compounds within these herbs boost neurotransmission in the brain cells and help to repair damaged neurons.
11. Some herbal treatments fail in certain people due to poor digestion. The good news is that Brahmi is one of the easiest herbs to digest, making it very effective.
12. This herb also helps the lymphatic system to drain out excess fluid and also boosts blood circulation throughout the body. This naturally helps treat high blood pressure and men who suffer from impotence.