The health benefits of milk and honey, and a simple recipe to use at home.
1. Milk and honey is a popular home remedy and can be used to treat a variety of different health problems
2. Research has shown that when these two ingredients are mixed together they are more powerful for treating staph infections than when taken alone.
3. The mixture destroys harmful bacteria in the body which helps to cure the common cold and viral infections.
4. Honey is a rich source of prebiotics. These cause your body to produce healthy bacteria in the digestive system. This strengthens your immune system, yet also gets rid of intestinal problems such as constipation, indigestion, cramps and flatulence. How to make this health tonic You Will Need 250ml Skimmed Cow’s milk 1 Tablespoon Organic Raw Honey Method Add these ingredients to a glass and stir well. Be sure to use organic raw honey, as regular honey contains unhealthy syrup and additives. Drink this in the morning to boost your health, or an hour before bed to improve your sleep patterns.
5. The tryptophan found in the milk works well with the nutrients in the honey to produce a relaxing night’s sleep. Those who suffer from insomnia may find this extremely useful, as the honey also regulates insulin and the production of serotonin in the brain.
6. This mixture also brings in some wonderful nutrients which are beneficial to your body. It contains healthy doses of Calcium, Vitamin B2, B6, B12 Thiamine, Niacin, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium and Zinc.
7. These minerals and vitamins help the body to metabolise cholesterol, lowering the risk of obesity and heart problems. Honey also helps the body to absorb more calcium from the milk.
8. The honey and milk mixture offers some fantastic benefits for the skin. They can be applied directly to the skin using a cotton pad to moisturise and regenerate damaged skin cells.
9. The antioxidants found within the raw honey eliminate free radicals from the body and can keep the eyes healthy later in life. This also has an anti-ageing effect, preventing the early onset of wrinkles.
10. If you decide to drink this in the morning, you will notice you have more stamina throughout the day. The proteins and carbohydrates stimulate the metabolism to release more energy from the foods you eat.
11. The honey allows the calcium from the milk to absorb into the bones. This promotes stronger and healthier bones, reducing problems such as osteoporosis and joint inflammation as we get older.
12. You can also mix the honey with full-fat milk and use as a hair repair tonic. Warm this mixture and pour over the hair. Let this sit for an hour before washing with a gentle shampoo. This will produce a healthy shine and softness.