The health benefits and uses of pumpkin juice, and how to make this yourself at home.
1. Pumpkins are large orange gourds which are often used to make Jack O’lanterns at Halloween. Many people do not realise that these large fruits have some excellent health benefits and are used as natural medicine.
2. Pumpkin Juice is excellent for those who have trouble sleeping at night or suffer from insomnia. It contains tryptophan which regulates brain hormones and helps the mind and body to relax.
3. Drinking this tasty juice regularly helps in protecting eyesight, as the carotenoids within are fantastic for vision and eye disorders.
4. These carotenoids also improve your skin complexion, preventing pimples and even lowering the risk of cancer
5. This juice is also a natural remedy for morning sickness in pregnant women and provides the body with a host of healthy nutrients. It is loaded with vitamins A, C, E and B, also contains minerals such as potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, manganese, sodium and zinc.
6. The vitamin C supports the immune system, protecting the body from invaders and diseases.
7. The effect of the tryptophan also calms those who suffer from anxiety and also regulates the mood. This has been used to ease depression and cause relaxation.
8. Drinking this also strengthens the blood vessels and helps in clearing our arterial plaque. The potassium treats high blood pressure and boosts blood circulation, making heart problems less likely.
9. Live enzymes within the drink break down food and waste in the digestive system. This boosts kidney and liver performance and gets rid of toxins which may be causing illnesses and inflammation.
10. Vitamin A found in pumpkins and other live foods are essential during pregnancy for excellent health, and nursing mothers.
11. You can also use this juice on the skin to treat burns and inflammation. The antioxidants make this a fantastic healing agent.
12. Pumpkins are also used to make pie and soup, however raw pumpkin juice is much healthier as it contains live enzymes which are destroyed in the cooking process.
13. Making fresh juice from pumpkins at home is the healthiest way to reap these wonderful benefits.
To Make This You Will Need 1 Freshly Harvested Pumpkin Blender/Juicer
Method: Peel the outer skin of the pumpkin and discard. Slice the pumpkin into quarters. Remove the seeds and save for later use. Place the pumpkin pulp in a blender or juicer and process. Run the mixture through a sieve to remove the fibres and serve in a glass of ice. You can also add fresh carrots or apples to improve the flavour and add extra health benefits if you wish.
Be sure to choose a fresh pumpkin, with a firmly attached green stem. Drink this once or twice a day to enjoy these wonderful benefits. It’s best to drink this a few hours before sleep if you are using this to treat insomnia. The seeds of the pumpkin are also very healthy.