The health benefits of honey and bananas and a simple recipe to use at home.
1. Honey and Bananas are two popular foods which are eaten all over the world. In traditional Chinese medicine, honey has been used for over 2000 years to treat infectious diseases, allergies, wounds and stomach related problems. It was also used by the Ancient Egyptians for embalming, preserving foods and binding wounds after surgery.
2. Bananas originated in East Asia and are used as a healthy food source. The yellow variety which we eat nowadays was discovered in 1836 in Jamaica.
3. By eating a mixture of banana and honey for at least 7 days, you will boost your bodies energy levels and experience some wonderful health benefits. Be sure to purchase raw honey for this recipe, as cheaper varieties are filled with corn syrup and unhealthy sugars, whereas raw honey contains only natural sugars which are good for you.
First, let’s take a look at the recipe. You Will Need: 1 Medium/Large Banana 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey 1-2 Rye/Wheat Cracker
Method: Use a butter knife to spread the raw honey across your crackers and slice the banana thinly. Layer the banana over the honey so that it sticks. You can also add a sprinkle of Ceylon cinnamon to add an extra touch of spicy flavour if you wish. We recommend eating this in the afternoon as a replacement for heavy lunches.
4. The raw honey contains powerful antioxidants which boost healthy body function when eaten regularly. This complements the complex carbohydrates found in the bananas to give you lots of energy throughout the day.
5. The tryptophan found in bananas also makes you feel calmer, more relaxed and aware. The combination of honey with this helps you to focus on your daily tasks with higher concentration.
6. Some diseases such as MRSA are becoming resistant to regular drugs and antibiotics. Raw honey is being used in European hospitals to cure this as well as many other bacterial and fungal infections. If you suffer from stomach issues such as peptic ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, Celiac disease or gastritis you can use extra honey (an extra tablespoon) in the morning to help ease and cure these conditions.
7. The honey helps to reduce plaque in the arteries whilst the bananas contain the mineral potassium which is essential for a regular heartbeat. Bananas also reduce the risk of heart disease and control blood pressure.
8. Raw honey can help prevent the onset of diabetes and is well known as an aid for this condition. The natural sugars are more easily digested and processed by the body, lowering blood glucose spikes. Bananas also help to reduce insulin sensitivity.
9. Many athletes use banana and honey before and after workouts to keep energy levels high. It is also said to reduce muscle cramps
10. The combination of bananas with honey provides you with a great range of vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin B6 which helps your metabolism, liver, nerves, eyes and skin.
Try eating this for 7 days and let us know in the comments how you feel. Studies have shown these ingredients to aid weight loss by boosting the metabolism, lowering sugar cravings and reducing triglycerides a fat found in the blood. You will be less likely to snack on unhealthy foods as this is very satisfying and keeps you feeling full.