A list of 7 supplements for intermittent fasting.
When intermittent fasting there are some supplements that you can take to improve the health of your body. As the body burns fat and loses weight, it burns through nutrients such as electrolytes and vitamins.
In this article, we will share with you a list of healthy natural supplements which will help you to stay energised and alert when fasting. These are suitable when following a plan such as the 16/8 method, OMAD (One Meal A Day) Prolonged Fasting or the 5:2 Diet.
1. Nutritional Yeast Capsules: These are the best natural source of the Vitamin B complex. These boost energy levels and lower stress in the body. They also support healthy digestion, skin, hair and nails during fasting. Check the bottle to make sure that your yeast capsules have not been “fortified” with synthetic vitamins.
2. Super Greens Capsules supplement in intermittent fasting: You can purchase a dried blend of vegetables in powdered or capsule form. These provide a natural source of Vitamin C which lowers inflammation throughout the body. Look for a blend which contains lots of cruciferous vegetables as these will cleanse the body and cells during a period of fasting.
3. Electrolyte Powder: When you are fasting, you may sometimes feel a little light-headed or weak. This is caused by having low electrolytes. You can purchase healthy electrolyte powder which you add to a glass of water and drink. You need potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium and trace minerals to stay at the top of your game.
4. Wheatgrass Juice Powder: Look for a good quality wheatgrass juice powder if you wish to lower any chronic pain you have in the body. This provides a rich source of chlorophyll which detoxifies the body and reduces pain from conditions such as arthritis. It is rich in nutrients and minerals to support healthy intermittent fasting.
5. Sea Kelp Capsules: Many of the foods that we eat do not have enough trace minerals due to over-farming and depletion in the soils. Sea kelp is one of the best natural sources of trace minerals which the body needs. It is also the best natural source of Iodine, one of the most important minerals for healing the thyroid gland. Take this in the morning to boost energy levels.
6. Krill Oil Capsules: This powerful marine oil will boost your intake of healthy omega 3. Many fish oil capsules are rancid as the omega 3 is not stable, however krill oil is the stablest form. This boosts the health of the brain, central nervous system and fights arthritis. It helps to balance hormones and is a general all-round supplement.
7. Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil Capsules: Cod liver oil should only be purchased if it is extra virgin and has not been heating treated. We recommend Icelandic for the best possible health benefits. This is one of the best sources of Vitamin A for improving the health of the eyes and reducing insulin resistance. It also has vitamin D which boosts mood and helps in losing weight.
As you can see there is a range of natural supplements you can take during intermittent fasting to boost your health. We recommend eating a high amount of cruciferous vegetables when following a fasting plan, as these will help to keep your blood sugar levels stable. You will also need to consume a healthy amount of natural fats from foods such as salmon, trout or grass-fed butter. These will provide the fat-soluble vitamins that the body needs.