A list of natural solutions and foods for acid reflux.
Many people suffer from a painful condition called acid reflux. This feels like a strong burning sensation in the chest and is caused by stomach acid flowing back up into the food pipe. This is sometimes known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). This can be very painful and uncomfortable to live with. You may sometimes feel a lump sensation in the throat, or have problems with swallowing. The good news, however, is that there are certain foods and supplements that you can consume to cure acid reflux naturally. Let’s take a look at some of these natural cures.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar: Acid reflux is caused by indigestion. This happens when the stomach struggles to break down foods because it is too alkaline or has a high Ph. Apple cider vinegar strengthens stomach acid, bringing the Ph. Down to its natural levels. The stomach then breaks down foods properly relieving heartburn, acid reflux and indigestion pain. The minerals and nutrients from your foods become absorbed properly, and your overall health increases. You can take a teaspoon of this in a glass of water before a meal, or take dried powder capsules.
2. Digestive Enzymes: You can purchase a supplement to take after a meal called digestive enzymes. These can be taken after food and supply your body with natural enzymes that break down foods and cure the stomach. Look for a high-quality supplement containing Ox Bile Extract, Betaine HCL, Pancreatin and Bromelain. Taking this will allow your stomach to break down fats, proteins, and carbohydrates in a healthy way.
3. Ginger: This natural spice has anti-inflammatory properties and works as a natural treatment for heartburn, nausea and intestinal problems. The compounds it contains have a soothing effect and work fast to reduce pain. Add sliced or grated ginger root to warm water to make a tea. Alternatively, ginger capsules are available online and in health food stores.
4. Papaya: The delicious papaya fruit contains a powerful enzyme called Papain. This helps the stomach to break down protein and rapidly reduces acid reflux and GERD.
5. Sauerkraut: This fermented cabbage is a staple in German cuisine and is one of the best foods in the world for your gut. Sauerkraut helps friendly bacteria to colonise the gut and intestines. This heals any damage caused by acid reflux in the lower regions. These friendly bacteria are known as probiotics and help in breaking down fibre and carbohydrates.
6. Probiotic Capsules: If you don’t like the taste of sauerkraut you can purchase high-quality probiotic supplements. Check the label to find a brand which contains least 25 billion CFU. A good quality supplement will have a range of bacteria from Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium families of microbes. As you can see there are some excellent foods and supplements to take to cure acid reflux. You do not have to continue suffering from this painful and annoying condition. We recommend trying the apple cider vinegar capsules before a meal to strengthen the stomach.
You should also cut down on the amount of sugar you take, as this will aggravate the stomach and cause more problems.