The health benefits of cabbage juice for treating stomach ulcers and more.
1. Cabbage juice is one of nature’s most powerful alkaline foods and can be used for boosting the health of the body.
2. Many people do not realise that a simple head of cabbage can be blended, and strained to create a healing juice for all types of stomach ulcers.
3. Cabbage juice is an excellent source of potassium, sulphur, chlorine, iodine, vitamin C, B6 and Vitamin U.
4. Vitamin U is a special enzyme which heals the stomach, digestive system and intestinal tract. This is found in green vegetables such as cabbage, kale, parsley and celery.
5. Drinking cabbage juice regularly for 2-3 days has been shown to get rid of pain related to stomach ulcers, and cures them entirely within 3 weeks.
6. The glutamic acid within cabbage juice restores the stomachs natural Ph level, reduces acid reflux and triggers healing within the lining.
You Will Need: 1/4 Head of Cabbage 2 Carrots 1 Large Stick of Celery. 250ml Water Method: Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process for 3-4 minutes. Strain the mixture and then drink immediately. You can multiply the ingredients to make a daily batch, but this should be made fresh every day for the best effects. Drink this juice 2-3 times per day, along with your regular meals.
7. Drinking this regularly will also heal ulcerative colitis and many other digestive system problems. Glutamic acid is extremely powerful.
8. Cabbage juice cannot be drunk on its own as it has a pungent flavour and can trigger vomiting for those with stomach acid problems. Adding the carrots, celery and water makes the drink more palatable and easier to drink.
9. Do not underestimate the power of this remedy. This can be drunk regularly to keep the stomach strong and prevent peptic and gastric ulcers in the future.
10. You can also blend in other excellent cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli or kale for added benefits.
11. Cabbage and other cruciferous vegetables have been shown to prevent cancer when consumed raw and regularly. This works particularly well at preventing breast cancer.
12. Studies have shown that drinking cabbage juice reduces blood cholesterol levels, helping to prevent heart disease later in life.
13. Red Cabbage contains a higher amount of vitamin C, so you may consider eating this regularly in healthy salads to strengthen your immune system.
14. Sauerkraut is a form of fermented cabbage which is one of the best things you can eat for improving the health of your bowels. This feeds friendly bacteria (probiotics) within the intestines allowing your body to absorb more nutrients from foods that you eat.
15. If you suffer from a thyroid condition be sure to contact your doctor before consuming lots of cabbage juice, as some vegetables may irritate the problem.
16. Cabbage juice is rich in Vitamin K and Antioxidants. These reduce the risk of cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration with age, thus protecting your eyes from free radical damage.
17. You may notice improvements in your vision when drinking this juice often, as it helps the lenses and muscles to focus more easily.