A list of healthy fruits low in sugar. Many people are trying to lose weight and get healthy. Some fruits are high in fructose, natural sugar which can slow your weight loss. Eating too much fructose is linked to diabetes, gout, kidney stones, a fatty liver, obesity and leptin resistance. In nature, fruits should only be eaten seasonally, but because of imports and exports, we have access to them all year round. The good news is that there are many fruits low in fructose and sugar. These can be eaten in small amounts of a low carb or ketogenic diet. Let’s take a look at the fruits lowest in sugar.
1. Lemons: One of the healthiest fruits in the world for weight loss. Lemons help to purify and detoxify your body whilst burning fat. 1 regular lemon contains only 1.5 grams of sugar.
2. Limes Containing only 1.1g of sugar per fruit, limes are a tasty ingredient which can be infused into water to make a weight loss drink.
3. Raspberries Berries are acceptable on a low carb diet as they have a high amount of fibre. 1/2 cup of raspberries contains 1.5g of sugar.
4. Avocado is Well known as one of the healthiest foods in the world. 1 avocado contains 1.3g of sugar. Avocados supply healthy natural fats and high amounts of potassium.
5. Tomato Tomatoes are used in cooking delicious healthy meals all over the world. 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes contains 4 grams of sugar. It also has 2 grams of fibre which helps the body to process the sugar.
6. Grapefruit Used heavily on the Atkins diet, grapefruit supplies enzymes which help you to lose weight and break down food. 1/2 grapefruit contains 8g of sugar, so be careful to not overdo this.
7. Blackberries An excellent source of Vitamin C and K, blackberries reduce inflammation throughout the body. They contain 3.5g of sugar in 1/2 a cup.
8. Blueberries One of the richest sources of antioxidants in nature. Blueberries contain 7.5 grams in half a cup, but also have 3.6 grams of dietary fibre.
9. Coconut 1 cup of shredded coconut contains 5g of natural sugars. Coconuts supply healthy MCT’s which boost energy levels throughout the body and cure brain fog.
10. Gooseberries These contain 8g of sugar in half a cup. Use these wisely and keep within your daily limit of sugar and carbohydrates.
As you can see there are many fruits that you can enjoy whilst follow a weight loss plan. Be sure to keep any fruit to a minimum when trying to lose weight, reverse diabetes or insulin resistance. A low carb diet usually aims for less than 20g of carbohydrates per day. These sugars are to be counted as carbs.