The health benefits of Noni Juice
1. Noni juice is strong tasting tropical drink made from the fruit of the Morinda Citrifolia tree. This has some fantastic health benefits for the human body.
2. This has been used as a natural healing drink by the Polynesians for over 2000 years. It is commonly used to treat infections and healing.
3. The juice contains a high amount of antioxidants which fights free radical damage in the body, especially with age. The iridoids in contains in particular are extremely strong when it comes to slowing the effects of aging.
4. These antioxidants also help to lower the risk of chronic conditions in the body such as heart disease or diabetes.
5. Smoking tobacco can cause some major free radical damage in the body. Studies show that drinking noni juice daily can reduce damage caused by tobacco. It can also reduce the risk of lung cancer for ex-smokers.
6. Many people drink this so to build endurance during exercise. Pacific islands use this to strengthen the body during long fishing trips. The antioxidants in the juice help to keep the muscles strong.
7. The Noni fruit and it’s juice have been used for centuries to reduce pain and inflammation in the body. It works well in reducing joint pain for those with arthritis.
8. The antioxidants and vitamin c it contains will help the body to protect itself against diseases and infections.
9. Many brands of noni juice are blended with other fruit juices, so they may be high in sugar. We recommend making the juice fresh for the best possible health benefits.
10. The juice can also help in reducing the effects of gout by lowering uric acid in the body. This may prevent the build-up of crystals in the joints.
11. Its nutrients have been linked to reducing stress hormones and releasing ‘happy’ endorphins in the brain. This can increase mood and ward off depression.
12. It may also help with the digestion process by moving stools and preventing a build-up of waste.
13. The leaves of the noni plant can be mashed and applied to aching joints, or the forehead to relieve headaches.
14. Noni juice can also help in protecting the liver from harmful toxins. It contains phytochemicals which help the liver to detoxify itself by breaking toxins down into small particles.
15. Noni contains a concentration of K+ ions which induces muscle contraction. This can help to break muscles spasms and reduce cramping.