The health benefits and uses of maca root powder.
1. Maca Root is a superfood vegetable which has been used for around 6000 years for its unique health benefits in regulating hormones. It grows high up in the mountains between 7000 and 11000 feet in Peru and is a vital ingredient used by Native Indians.
2. This root looks similar to a radish but can be found in different colour varieties. The common colour is a creamy yellow, but there are also light pink, dark purple and black varieties.
3. Maca Root is often dried and ground into a fine powder, which is sold in health food stores all over the world.
4. The main benefit of this superfood is its ability to regulate the hormone glands throughout the body. This is excellent for both men and women as it boosts the performance of the central nervous system. This gives you higher energy levels and better digestion.
5. It is widely known for the fact that it can boost fertility, and help struggling couples to conceive a child. It boosts the sexual reproductive system, making conception more likely, also increasing sex drive, libido and stamina.
6. Maca Root is also considered an adaptogen, which means it boosts the body’s ability to defend itself against physical and mental problems. It does this by boosting the health of the pituitary gland in the brain.
7. The powder itself has a sweet and delightful taste and can be added to smoothies, water, juices or meals in order to receive the health benefits.
8. In women, Maca Powder can reduce the effects of PMS during periods, and can also help in reducing the symptoms of menopause due to its hormone-balancing properties. Hot flashes and night sweats do not happen as often when taking this on a daily basis. It also helps to reduce headaches, muscular aches and pains, vaginal dryness and palpitations.
9. Maca root also helps men to have a higher sex drive, especially later in life by boosting libido and energy levels.
10. Athletes also use this as a means of increasing muscle size in a healthy way, without the need for anabolic steroids and unhealthy chemicals.
11. Men and women both find that taking this regularly boosts their emotional wellbeing. Mood swings are less likely, and this can help conditions such as depression and low mood.
12. It also helps people to sleep better at night due to regulated hormones. This alone has a myriad of secondary benefits as sleep is extremely important for a healthy body and mind.
13. On its own, maca root powder is also a powerful source of nutrition, providing your body with over 20 amino acids, vitamins b1, b2, c and e. The healthy minerals it provides include calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, zinc, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, sulphur, sodium and iron.
14. It is recommended to take around 1 tablespoon of maca root powder per day for the best effects. Alternatively, you can purchase this in extract, capsule, tablet or liquid form. Be sure to always purchase organic supplements for these provide the best health benefits.