The health benefits of eating oatmeal every day, and a simple recipe to use at home.
1. Oats are one of the healthiest grains on the planet, which have been grown and eaten for over 2000 years.
2. In order to stay strong in battle, roman gladiators ate oatmeal for breakfast to keep them fit and healthy.
3. Eating oatmeal in the morning provides your body with some fantastic health benefits due to the high amount of nutrients within the oats.
4. Oats contain wonderful amounts of manganese, molybdenum, phosphorus, copper, biotin, magnesium, fibre, folate, chromium, zinc, vitamin b1 and b5.
5. Eating this in the morning is the best way to start the day, as it provides the body with energy and nutrition, yet the calories are very low and help you to lose weight.
6. This is very filling and takes time to digest. This helps you to stay full and makes you less likely crave unhealthy foods and snacks throughout the day.
7. Oatmeal plays an excellent role in managing blood sugar levels. The protein and fibre work together to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and also keep your mood stable throughout the day.
8. The soluble fibre within this also lowers bad cholesterol and helps to you maintain a healthy heart. If you suffer from clogged arteries, be sure to add some fresh fruit to your oatmeal. The beta-glucan works together with vitamin c to rapidly heal the arteries
9. Studies have shown that eating a diet rich in oats and whole grains lowers the risk of breast cancer by 52 per cent.
10. Oats contain powerful phytonutrients which help to boost the immune system and promote healing of damaged tissue.
11. Those who suffer from celiac disease may eat oatmeal as it is gluten-free.
How to make oatmeal for breakfast also known as porridge.
You Will Need. 200 Grams Rolled Oats 240ml of Water ½ Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract. A handful of Raspberries Method Bring the water to the boil, add the oats and then reduce the heat. Allow this to simmer until the liquid is absorbed and add the vanilla extract and raspberries. Mix until desired thickness and serve. Eat this every day to rapidly improve your diet and stabilise your blood sugar levels. You can replace the water with dairy milk, or almond milk if you wish. Be sure to try different fruit combinations, especially fruits high in vitamin c. I also recommend adding a teaspoon of Amla Powder to this. This creates a super breakfast for those with heart problems.
12. This healthy breakfast will also keep your bowel movements regular, without the need for unhealthy laxatives.
13. Oats can also be added to desserts as an alternative to flour. These are very popular in vegan and vegetarian groups.
14. Remember that breakfast is one of the most important meals. It is important not to start your day with unhealthy sugar. If you require sweetener, use some natural Manuka honey, packed with antioxidants.