The health benefits of Sea Kelp and its uses.
1. Sea Kelp is a leafy seaweed which grows in shallow waters around the world. These have been used as a natural medicine for hundreds of years and have some excellent health benefits.
2. Sea Kelp contains a high amount of iodine which heals the thyroid gland and makes it’s stronger. This helps in regulating hormones in the body.
3. The seaweed is often dried and packaged for sale online and in health food stores. You can purchase these in capsule or dried form.
4. By improving thyroid health, sea kelp helps your body to turn oxygen and calories into energy. This effectively supports the metabolism and prevents you from gaining too much body fat.
5. Sea kelp also helps in lowering high insulin levels in the body. This can prevent the onset of diabetes, by balancing blood sugar levels.
6. In Europe, many people take a supplement of sea kelp in order to boost hair growth. The plant contains multiple trace minerals involved with strengthening hair follicles.
7. The minerals and nutrients are excellent for supporting hormonal health in women. This can reduce the risk of PCOS, Fibrocystic Breasts, Ovarian Cysts, PMS and Fibroids.
8. A scientific study showed that the iodine found in kelp can destroy free radicals in the body, effectively slowing down the ageing process.
9. A large percentage of the population is deficient in Iodine. Some studies have shown that this may heighten the risk of cancer later in life. Sea kelp is an excellent supplement and natural multivitamin. It contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D, E. It also contains Zinc, Iodine, Magnesium, Iron, Copper, Potassium and Calcium.
10. Sea kelp also contains a natural fibre known as alginate. This supports weight management and works well on a low carb or keto diet.
11. The antioxidants and minerals help to soften and hydrate dry skin and retain moisture. This lowers the appearance of acne and pimples by purifying toxins naturally.
12. In China and Japan sea kelp is used as delicious cuisine. It is commonly paired with sushi and fish.
13. The minerals found in this sea vegetable such as calcium support strong and healthy bones. Eating this can speed up the recovery of breaks or fractures.
14. For Vegans and Vegetarians, sea kelp is an excellent source of plant-based protein.
15. Kelp has a high amount of chlorophyll, a natural green pigment found in plants. This reduces inflammation within the cellular structure of the body. This will help in healing the body from any disease by boosting immunity.