A list of 16 herbs that lower blood pressure quickly.
Nowadays many people suffer from high blood pressure and hypertension. This is usually caused by eating the wrong foods, potassium deficiencies or drinking too much alcohol. Over time high blood pressure can lead to heart disease, strokes, nerve damage, kidney disease and many more illnesses. The good news is that there are many natural herbs that lower high blood pressure quickly. Let’s take a look at some of these herbs.
1. Passion Flower: This herbal flower contains compounds which calm both the mind and the body. This causes a reduction in blood pressure and promotes relaxation.
2. Garlic: The active ingredient in garlic is known as Allicin and has been proved to lower blood pressure naturally in scientific studies. Garlic is also used as a natural immune booster and overall healer.
3. Matcha Tea: This is a super concentrate form of green tea which can inhibit certain enzymes in the body that cause high blood pressure. It is also rich in chlorophyll which detoxifies the blood of harmful chemicals.
4. Onion Skin: You can make a herbal tea by steeping red onion skin in hot water. This contains a pigment called quercetin which lowers blood pressure naturally.
5. Lavender: Lavender essential oil can be placed in an oil burner to release compounds and fragrances into the air. These have been shown to trigger relaxation in the body. This relieves tension, stress and lowers blood pressure.
6. Celery Seed: You can purchase celery seed extract in pill form. This contains NBP which relaxes the tissues of the artery walls to increase blood flow and reduce pressure. Fresh celery is also high potassium and magnesium, which regulate blood pressure.
7. Flaxseed: Freshly ground, these seeds contain alpha-linolenic acid. This reduces inflammation in the body, relieving muscular tension and lowering blood pressure. The fibre found in these seeds also aids the blood flow.
8. Cinnamon Ceylon: cinnamon powder is used in delicious recipes and herbal drinks. It helps the body to control blood sugars, blood pressure, aids weight loss and is an overall holistic healer.
9. Hawthorne Berry: This special berry is loaded with antioxidants for improving heart health. It helps to improve blood pressure and blood fat levels. It is often used alongside standard medication and also helps to regulate the heartbeat.
10. Cardamom: These are seeds often used in Indian cuisine but are also used to makes soaps and perfumes. Studies show that eating these often can bring blood pressure levels back to normal.
11. Lemon Peel: The flavonoids within lemons are concentrated in the yellow outer peel. These flavonoids can reduce blood pressure. Grate the lemon and freeze the rest in ice cube trays. Drink 1-2 of these in a glass of water daily.
12. Ginger This delicious spice contains shogaol and gingerol which have been scientifically shown to reduce blood pressure. Use this in delicious curries and stir-fries.
13. Cat’s Claw: This is a woody vine herb found in the Amazon rainforest. It contains compounds which help to dilate the blood vessels and increase blood flow. It is used by the natives to treat many illnesses.
14. Coriander: This fragrant delicious herb helps to detoxify the body and lower inflammation. This calms the nervous system and relaxes the capillaries to ease high blood pressure.
15. Hibiscus Tea: This flower grows in warm climates around the world and is known for its unique flavour. You can make hibiscus tea and drink this cold or hot to lower blood pressure.
16. Basil: One of the most famous Italian herbs, basil is used to add flavour and health benefits to food. Like most herbs, it is rich in chlorophyll and nutrients which balance blood pressure and overall health.
As you can see there are many foods which can help to reduce high blood pressure to its natural level. These herbs work well at lowering inflammation throughout the body, which is the leading cause of high blood pressure.