The health benefits and uses of Matcha Powder
1. Matcha Powder is a special type of organic green tea which has been used since ancient times in Japan for health and vitality. Unlike regular green tea, matcha is grown and processed differently. This special process makes the tea contain 10 times more antioxidants than regular green tea.
2. Young leaves are grown in the shade which concentrates the antioxidants inside. They are then harvested, dried and ground to create matcha powder.
3. This herb can treat many health problems in the body in a completely natural way, especially by providing the body with lots of energy. It is usually drunk in tea form.
4. The high amount of antioxidants help to protect the skin from the sun and harmful radiation to reduce the effects of ageing.
5. Matcha has been used for centuries by Buddhist monks in Japan to calm the mind and body. This helps to treat anxiety and reduce stress.
6. The amino acids within matcha also boost serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain. These are hormones which help you to concentrate. This also improves memory.
7. Drinking Matcha Tea also boosts the metabolism and helps the body to burn fat quickly but in a natural way.
8. Matcha helps to boost the immune system and help the body to fight diseases and infections. It contains powerful catechins which work as natural antibiotics.
9. This wonderful powder is also rich in Vitamins A and C, and minerals such as iron and calcium. These are important for a strong and healthy body.
10. Early studies show that the nutrients within matcha can reduce the effects of HIV and aid in fighting cancerous tumours.
11. If you do not like the taste of Matcha, you can blend it into delicious smoothies in order to enjoy its benefits. Although many people love it’s unique vegetable flavour, without the need for sugar, milk or other additives.
12. Samurai warriors in early Japan used matcha green tea before going into battle, as it provided them with a high amount of energy. The caffeine within works with the L-Theanine to produce a natural, stable form of energy.
13. If you wish to cleanse the body of toxins, matcha is an excellent remedy as it contains a high amount of chlorophyll. This removes heavy metals and other toxins from the body and purifies internal organs.
14. Matcha is also used to dye and flavour foods such as mochi and soba noodles. It has also been added to sweets, ice cream and lattes.