A list of healthy foods for weight loss and fat burning
Nowadays many people are trying to lose weight and get healthy. Having excess body fat can be very uncomfortable and cause health problems down the line. Over time eating the wrong foods can lead to diabetes, obesity, arthritis, eye disorders, heart attacks, strokes and many more.
In this article, we will share with you a list of the top 16 foods for weight loss and fat burning. Eating these in the place of junk food will bring in lots of nutrients to your body and allow it to shed those extra pounds of fat. Let’s take a look at some of these foods.
1. Avocado: Avocados are one of the most nutritious superfoods on the planet. They are rich in potassium which improves the body’s ability to convert food into energy. They contain natural healthy fats, which keep you feeling full and reduce inflammation in the body.
2. Cayenne Pepper: This is hot chilli pepper which has a warming effect on the body called thermogenesis. This boosts the metabolism and makes you burn more calories, by up to 25 per cent. It is mostly used as a spice in cooking or can be eaten fresh.
3. Salmon: This fish is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids which heal the body internally, especially when trying to lose weight. The omega 3 reverses insulin resistance, allowing the cells to accept more fuel. This helps to prevent you from putting weight back on.
4. Pecan Nuts: These are a wonderful source of iodine which helps the thyroid gland to produce healing hormones. They contain Vitamin E and K which boosts the metabolism, and zinc for burning blood sugars and fat.
5. Green Tea: Matcha green tea can be enjoyed hot or cold and is one of the best weight loss drinks. It contains an antioxidant known as EGCG. This keeps the metabolism high and allows you to burn more calories. Drink 2-3 cups a day to suppress the appetite and boost energy levels.
6. Grapefruit: Grapefruits are well known as one of the best fat burning fruits. They contain Nootkatone which causes the body to burn through its extra blood sugars. They also reduce insulin resistance and allow you to tap into your own fat reserves for energy.
7. Grass-Fed Chicken: Chicken is a lean white meat which is rich in iron, protein, calcium, potassium and B vitamins. This supports the health of the heart and increases serotonin in the brain to lower stress levels. Lowering stress speeds up weight loss.
8. Lemons: Lemon juice contains citric acid which helps the stomach to break down foods and reduce bloating. The zest of the lemon contains compounds which lower insulin in the body, aiding weight loss.
9. Broccoli: This green cruciferous vegetable is packed full of phytochemicals which boosts fat burning in the cells. Its high fibre helps you feel satisfied and prevents constipation.
10. Blueberries These delicious blue fruits contain resveratrol, an anti-ageing polyphenol. This neutralises free radicals and prevents obesity. A small handful of blueberries can be eaten daily to reduce belly fat quickly. Add these to healthy smoothies or Greek yoghurt.
11. Quinoa: If your diet allows for grains, then you may consider eating quinoa instead of rice, pasta or other carbs. This is extremely high in fibre which helps to stay full. It also helps the digestion process and eliminates waste.
12. Turmeric: One of nature’s most powerful natural healers. This spice can be used in cooking to boost the health of the body rapidly. It works wonders in speeding up weight loss, lowering blood pressure and boosting the mood. Be sure to add a little black pepper to help your body absorb the curcumin it contains.
13. Stevia: This is a replacement for granulated sugar. Stevia is a natural sweetener made from a herbal plant. It tastes sweet and works well in low carb cooking or baking. It is also often used in drinks. Stevia does not trigger weight gain as sugar does.
14. Peppermint Tea: The stress hormone known as cortisol is one of the main causes of weight gain. Drinking peppermint tea lowers stress levels and calms the body. This helps your body to burn fat much easier. This also aids with digestion.
15. Olive Oil: Stop using your regular cooking oils and switch to Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This contains oleic acid which helps in keeping the heart healthy and regulating blood sugar. This leads to weight loss and a sharper brain.
16. Kale: Last but by no means least, Kale is one of the healthiest leafy greens in the world. It is an amazing source of plant-based protein, with all 9 essential amino acids. It is rich in calcium, Vitamin C, lutein and detoxifies the entire body. Consuming kale daily is one of the fastest ways to trigger weight loss and fat burning.
As you can see there are a great range of foods available help the body in shedding excess body fat and calories. Eating a mixture of these foods and following a healthy diet supplies your body with the raw materials it needs for excellent health. A healthy body results in weight loss, not the other way around. You must first boost your health and weight loss is a natural result. We also recommend taking apple cider vinegar capsules before food. These strengthen the stomach and stimulate the gallbladder to release bile. This bile breaks down fatty foods so that they can be used for energy and then eliminated. Always look for high-quality None-GMO foods and meats from grass-fed sources, as these contain the most nutrients.