The health benefits and uses of ginger powder.
1. Ginger powder is made from a root vegetable and has been used for thousands of years as natural medicine. This root comes from the Zingiber Officinale, a flowering plant native to the tropical rainforests of India and Southern Asia.
2. It was used by the Ancient Greeks, Chinese and Romans as a spice and to treat many different ailments
3. You can add this spice to your meals for a delicious flavour. Eating this every single day boosts your bodies healing capabilities and keeps the body healthy.
4. It is commonly used to get rid of acid reflux and has been proven to be six times more effective than antacid drugs, such as Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) and H2 blockers.
5. It is used in many different recipes after being ground into a fine powder and is known for its strong unique flavour.
6. In order to take this daily, we recommend adding 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder to 250ml of water and drinking with meals. This will also prevent chest pain if you struggle with acid problems.
7. This drink is excellent to use in the water, as the spiciness of the ginger causes the body to heat up slightly, making you feel warm inside.
8. Ginger improves blood flow circulation and helps to activate the muscles in the lower legs and feet. This is an excellent remedy for oedema and fluid retention.
9. One of the compounds in ginger powder is called gingerol. This is strong in antioxidants and is used to treat osteoarthritis and muscle tension.
10. Another compound called shogaol is also within ginger. This has been shown to be thousands of times more powerful than chemotherapy for treating cancer cells.
11. Ginger can inhibit the growth of breast cancer cells in particular, making this yet another reason for women to take ginger daily.
12. Ginger tea alleviates morning sickness in pregnant women. Many women also drink this to help with menstrual pain. It has been stated that ginger is as powerful as the painkiller drug ibuprofen when it comes to relieving period pain and PMS.
13. It is also used to treat nausea for chemotherapy patients, and those with sea or motion sickness.
14. Paradol and Zingerone are yet another two powerful compounds in ginger which are highly anti-inflammatory. These improve the body’s natural healing ability and promote excellent health.
15. Ginger lowers the risk of infections and diseases in the body, due to its abilities to inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria. This includes conditions such as gingivitis, periodontitis and general cold and flu.
16. High cholesterol levels are a symptom of inflamed arteries, which shows that you are at a higher risk of heart disease. Ginger is a powerful supplement which reduces high cholesterol and triglycerides by healing the direct cause. This reduces the risk of heart attacks.
17. Parasites which are eaten in food, are destroyed by ginger before they reach the intestines.
18. If you are suffering from a headache, take 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder and add to a cup of hot water. Inhale the steam for 5-10 minutes for pain relief.
19. Medical studies have also shown ginger powder to reduce oxidative stress in the brain. This effectively helps to protect the brain from Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s.
20. We love adding the ginger powder to our homemade health curries, along with turmeric, cayenne and other healthy spices. You can also blend ginger into delicious smoothies with other fruit, vegetables and herbs.