The health benefits and uses of sweet almond oil.
1. Sweet almond oil has a great range of uses especially for skin and body care. This is extracted from the seeds of the almond fruit.
2. The oil contains a high amount of Vitamin E which makes this excellent for improving the health of the body, especially the skin and hair.
3. It also contains a small amount of vitamin K, potassium, zinc and many trace minerals which are natural health boosters.
4. Almond oil is a gentle, hypoallergenic oil which can be used on sensitive skin. It is often used as a massage oil for infants after bathing to nourish and protect the skin.
5. It can be safely used for deep cleansing of the skin and pores. It is excellent for removing makeup on the face, and even in the sensitive area around the eyes. Apply this to the face using a cotton ball and allow to dry for 3 minutes, before wiping with a soft cloth.
6. Sweet almond oil can be drizzled onto delicious salads to provide health benefits for the human body. The high amount of antioxidants within this oil fights free radicals which slow down the ageing process.
7. It is also highly anti-inflammatory and boosts the immune system to protect you from pathogens and invaders, such as cold or flu.
8. The omega 3 fatty acids within the oil help to maintain heart health by regulating your cholesterol levels.
9. If you find that your nails are thin and break easily then you may be suffering from a mineral deficiency. Apply a drop of warm almond oil to the nails and rub into the cuticle at least three times per week. The zinc within will protect the nails and help you to grow stronger longer lasting nails.
10. Almond oil has been used for centuries in ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine to treat eczema and psoriasis. It can be massaged all over the body to soothe dry skin and create an even skin tone.
11. The vitamin E helps to heal sun damage, reduce the effects of ageing and slowly break down scar tissue. Massage this into the skin every other day for the best effects.
12. You can rub this on the feet to prevent athlete’s foot if you suffer from this condition often. It also gets rid of ringworm infections.
13. If you suffer from dark circles and bags under the eyes, almond oil can be applied every night before sleep. The vitamin E begins to soak into the skin and gets rid of the problem within 2 weeks or less.
14. Skin rashes are common in the nappy area of babies and are caused by chafing. This also happens to adults when the skin rubs together, especially on the thighs. Simply rub some almond oil into the affected area and allow it to be absorbed by the skin. This will ease the problem and allow for fast healing.
15. Almond oil can be applied to the scalp overnight to prevent further hair loss, especially if your hair is thinning. The vitamins and minerals should be allowed to soak into the scalp through the night before washing the following morning. Adding a few drops to your food or healthy juices also helps to treat this problem internally.
16. Spreading a few drops of oil into the hair can protect the hair against sun damage during the summer. It contains vitamin B7 which also gets rid of dandruff and fungal infections of the scalp.