The health benefits and uses of alpiste seed milk, also known as canary seed. And a simple recipe to make this yourself at home.
1. Alpiste or canary seeds are very popular as a food supply for domesticated birds. Many people do not realise that these have some wonderful health benefits for the human body too.
2. These seeds can be blended to produce milk with properties which can reduce cholesterol and help the body to break down fat.
3. They contain a digestive enzyme known as lipase. This stimulates the cleansing of the arteries to remove harmful fats, triglycerides and cholesterol.
4. Canary seed milk naturally helps the body to shed excess weight by cleansing it from within. Adding these seeds to your diet will introduce healthy doses of protein, fibre, calcium and phosphorus. Let’s take a look at how to make alpiste seed milk (canary seed milk) You will need 1/3 Cup Alpiste/Canary Seeds Method: Soak the seeds in 1 cup of water for 12 hours or overnight. Drain the seeds using a strainer and then blend with 1 cup of freshwater until fine. Add 1 litre of water and continue to blend until the water becomes milky. Next, strain the mixture using a cheesecloth to remove the fibres. Place your alpiste seed milk in the refrigerator until cool and then drink.
5. Drinking one cup of this milk in the morning before breakfast will help your body to absorb the nutrients and reduce cholesterol.
6. Canary seed milk also has a diuretic effect, so you may need to use the toilet more often to urinate.
7. You can also blend the seeds into delicious smoothies, soups and simply throw into salads if you wish.
8. If you are trying to lose weight, these will help as the fibre will cause you to feel fuller and less likely to snack on junk food.
9. Many people use this milk to reverse sclerosis of the liver and pancreatitis, in conjunction with a healthy diet and lifestyle.
10. The powerful probiotics and enzymes within the seeds help to balance your digestive bacteria, making the whole system function at its best when it comes to processing foods.