The health benefits of Ginkgo Biloba also known as Maidenhair Tree.
1. Ginkgo Biloba is one of the world’s oldest tree’s and is considered to be a living fossil. Extracts from this tree are taken as a health supplement all around the world.
2. This herbal supplement is especially popular in America with approximately 4.5 million people taking this per week. It has some excellent health benefits for the human body.
3. It is also often prescribed by doctors in Germany where it is used to treat dementia, memory loss, anxiety and other mental problems.
4. It has been shown to improve cognitive function by increasing blood flow to the brain. Memory and recall are often increased, making this excellent for those who are studying.
5. Studies have taken place and proved that Ginkgo is an excellent supplement for women who suffer from PMS. It reduces the severity of PMS by reducing cramps, pain and breast tenderness.
6. It also works to improve the vision of those who are suffering from glaucoma. It also has been shown to help those with macular degeneration, to keep their sight for longer.
7. Raynaud’s disease is a common condition which affects the blood vessels beneath the skin in the hands and arms. This leads to problems with motion, discomfort and burning sensations. Those who suffer from this problem can take a supplement of Ginkgo Biloba to improve this condition as it aids blood circulation.
8. This supplement also helps to improve cardiovascular health as it has been shown to reduce “stickiness” of the blood vessels. This prevents plaque from forming inside the blood vessels, making you less likely to get blood clots.
9. Many people are also using Ginkgo Biloba for Vitiligo to stop the spreading of this disease throughout the skin.