How to relieve Loose Motion Naturally, also known as loose stools or diarrhoea.
Loose Motion is a common problem and is usually caused by poor nutrition and imbalances within the body. If you find yourself suffering with this on a regular basis, your body may become dehydrated and will not be able to absorb the nutrients that it needs. Food will pass too quickly through the digestive system. If this happens for more than 1 week and your stools are watery, mushy or shapeless then you may have a problem. This is often accompanied by stomach cramps, stomach pain and general nausea.
In this article, we will share with you six natural methods which you can follow to cure loose stools and diarrhoea.
1. Add 1 teaspoon of raw honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a glass of water. Stir this and drink in the morning on an empty stomach. This will restore the mineral balance in your body and help to prevent loose motion.
2. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into a cup, and add 1 teaspoon of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir this and drink every hour throughout the day. This will destroy any harmful bacteria or invaders in the stomach that may be causing the diarrhoea.
3. Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric in 1 cup of buttermilk. Drink this mixture 3 times per day to settle the stomach. This is an Indian method used for thousands of years to restore digestive balance.
4. Take 1 capsule of ox bile per day. This can be purchased from health food stores and will help your body to break down fat. This is helpful for those with a sluggish gallbladder and is not producing enough bile to break down fat from food sources.
5. Eat a mixture of plain yoghurt and blackberries throughout the day. This is one of the most powerful remedies for settling the stomach and preventing diarrhoea. The yoghurt provides healthy probiotics, whilst the blackberries supply healing antioxidants.
6. 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds can be steeped in a cup of boiling water. Allow the nutrients from the seeds to soak into the water for 10 minutes and drink. This is also an ancient Indian remedy to provide minerals to the body which ease digestion.
Try out one of these natural remedies and see which works best for you. If you suffer from loose motion long term, then you may be suffering from a disease and should speak to a doctor for a diagnosis. Loose motion for longer periods could be a symptom of irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, bile acid malabsorption, ulcerative colitis or dumping syndrome. You may wish to introduce probiotic supplements and digestive enzymes into your diet. These help your food to break down naturally, giving your body a healthy, yet natural boost. Avoid Coffee, Alcohol, Alternative Sweeteners and Spicy foods until you have relieved the problem, as these can often be the cause of loose stools.