Alberta – one of Canada’s most economically and socially dynamic provinces. Located in Western Canada, the province with a rapidly growing economy and home to two of Canada’s largest cities-Calgary and Edmonton, the most populous of the country’s three ‘prairie provinces’. Renowned as the most beautiful part of North America, with famous national parks such as Banff and Jasper.
Through the AINP is Alberta’s Provincial Nominee Program, prospective immigrants with the appropriate skills and experience are targeted by the province who may receive an Alberta Provincial Nomination Certificate, which will speed up the overall Alberta immigrant process.
The AINP consists of three main immigration streams:
• The Strategic Recruitment Stream
• The Employer Driver Stream
• The Self-Employed Farmer Stream
These streams are further broken down into sub-categories, as follows:
Strategic Recruitment Stream –
This stream is to apply for Alberta PNP express entry without employer support. It consists of four categories:
• Compulsory and Optional Trades Category — Individuals who hold either an Alberta Qualification Certificate or a Recognized Trade Certificate may be eligible for this program. Personnel must be residing in Alberta on a valid work permit at the time of application.
• Engineering Occupations Category — Applicants must be engineers, designers, and drafters with Alberta work experience in one of 12 designated occupations.
• Post Graduate Worker Category — For individuals who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Alberta, and are currently working in Alberta in one of 12 designated occupations on a Post-Graduation Work Permit, may be eligible for this program.
• Employer-Driven Stream – This stream allows employers to nominate their workers to the AINP for immigration. By doing so, the applicants have the comfort of knowing that their job prospects are bright after becoming Permanent Residents, and the employers can also retain the workers they need. This stream consists of three sub-categories:
• Skilled Worker Category — Individuals with permanent, full-time job offer in an eligible skilled occupation. They need not be working in Alberta at the time of application.
• International Graduate Category — Individuals who have graduation certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada, hold a valid Post-Graduation Work Permit and have received a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer
• Semi-Skilled Worker Category — Temporary foreign workers who have received a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer in an eligible semi-skilled occupation
Self-Employed Farmer Stream –
This stream offers permanent residents with the farming experience and personal funds to purchase and develop a farm in Alberta. Applicants are farm owner/operators who plan to live in Canada in order to purchase and manage their farming business.