The benefits and uses of soursop seeds, also known as Graviola or guyabano.
1. Soursops are extremely healthy fruits which are grown in many tropical counties. These are well known for their health benefits but there are also some uses for the seeds.
2. The seeds within this fruit should not be eaten as they contain toxic yellow oil which contains annonacin. This has been linked to Parkinson’s disease and eye inflammation.
3. The seeds are most commonly used as a pesticide. They can be pressed to release the oil using a pestle and mortar.
4. The oil can be mixed with a little coconut water and shampooed into the scalp to destroy head lice.
5. The people of Brazil often use this seed oil to destroy bedbugs by shampooing this into sheets and furniture with some warm water.
6. Cockroaches and other pets around the home can also be destroyed using this same method.
7. The seeds can also be used to grow new soursop or Graviola trees. Simply collect and wash soursop seeds ready for planting. Plant these in pots of soil which is kept moist at all times. These seeds will germinate within 15 to 30 days. When they are around 12 inches high, separate them into individual pots. These will take three to five years to produce fruit, but this is worth it for the medicinal fruit.
8. The leaves and fruit of this plant are used in herbal medicine to treat many different problems. Please see our other videos on these to learn more. Thank you very much for listening, alike is always appreciated and remember to subscribe for more healthy videos. I wish you great health, wealth and happiness.