Check Diploma in Acting: Admission, Course Syllabus, Fees, Colleges, Salary 2023. details on our Courses section on e akhabaar
Diploma in Acting is a full-time course offered in the stream of acting, drama, and dance. It is 3 years course that gives a disciplined approach. The course train the actors in key areas such as emotions, voice, body, speech & diction, creativity, imagination, characterization, auditioning techniques and method acting. The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing a Diploma in Acting is that candidates must have passed higher secondary (10+2) with minimum qualifying marks. Students willing to take up the course must know that the average fees of pursuing the course will be range between INR 2lakhs to 4 Lakhs. A plus point for students is that students can also pursue a dual degree course like Diploma in Film Direction, Diploma in Videography, and Diploma in Cinematography course etc. After the completion of the course, students can get diversified job roles such as Assistant Event Manager, Theatre Writer, Acting Consultant, Producer, and Teacher, etc.
Colleges That Offers Diploma in Acting Courses
|College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual fees||Average Placement offer|
|Anupam Kher’s Actor Prepares the School for Actors||Entrance based-Merit based||INR 2,25,000-3,50,000||INR 4,00,000-6,00,000|
|Indian Academy of Dramatic Arts||Entrance based-Merit based||INR 2,00,000-3,00,000||INR 4,50,000-5,00,000|
|Institute of Creative Excellence, New Delhi||Entrance based-Merit based||INR 1,25,000-2,50,000||INR 4,00,000-6,00,000|
|Institute of Creative Excellence, Kolkata||Entrance based-Merit based||INR 2,05,000-2,50,000||INR 4,20,000-6,00,000|
|Livewires- The Media Institute||Entrance based-Merit based||INR 1,25,000-2,50,000||INR 4,00,000-6,00,000|
This course- Diploma In Acting is specially designed for creative people who want to pursue their career in the field of acting. If any student wants to be a producer, then he/she must know that the average salary of a producer is INR 4,00,000- 7,00,000. After completion of a Diploma in Acting, students can also pursue a masters’ degree or PhD in the same field to enhance their acting skills.
What is the Admission Process for Diploma in Acting?
The different college conducts entrance exams for admission to Diploma in Acting. The admission process will be based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam conducted by the colleges. The basic details of Diploma in Acting is given below:
- Students will be offered admission to Diploma in Acting based on the merit and performing skills of the students in the respective entrance examination conducted by the National School of Drama (NSD), FTII Entrance test, AISF Entrance test, SRFTI Entrance test.
- It must be noted that Diploma in Acting application form is released in the month of January every year.
- Once the candidate has passed the entrance exam, shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling and a personal interview round.
Entrance Based Admission Process
There are some colleges that conduct entrance exams for admission to Diploma in Acting. Below given are the following steps for the entrance based admission process for Diploma in Acting.
- Students need to register themselves by providing email ids, mobile number and password.
- Fill the form with all the necessary information and personal details.
- Students must be ready and present on the mentioned date of the entrance exam.
- Shortlisted candidates based on the entrance exam will be called for the next rounds of the admission process; group discussion and personal interview.
Merit-Based or Offline Admission Process
Some colleges offer admission to Diploma in Acting based on merit or offline admissions. Below given are the following steps for the merit-based admission process for Diploma in Acting.
- Once the application form is released of the college, students must go to the respective college and collect the application form.
- Fill in all the information that is asked on the application form and make a demand draft for the same.
- Submission of the application and demand draft should take place on time.
- The merit list will be prepared by the college and students can check the same 2 days before admission.
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Acting
Creative people who want to enhance their acting skills can pursue Diploma in Acting. The basic eligibility criteria is that students who passed 10+2 or are giving final examinations from a recognised board are eligible to apply for the programme. The eligibility criteria for Diploma in Acting is given below
- Candidates must have passed 10+2.
- Candidates waiting for their result can also apply.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 45% minimum marks from a recognised board.
- Candidates need to sit for the entrance exam.
- Candidates must do well in a personal interview.
What are the Entrance exams for Diploma in Acting?
There are various entrance exams conducted by different college/universities for admission to Diploma in Acting. These entrance exams are:
- NSD 2023-21: National School of Drama is the conducting body of this exam. The exam is conducted to assess the skills of a student.
- FTII 2023-21: FTII is conducted by the Film and Television together.
- AISF 2023-21: Annapurna International School of Film conducts this exam every year.
- SRFTI 2023-21: Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute is the conducted body of SRFTI 2023
Entrance exams for Diploma in Acting
|Entrance Exam||Mode of Examination||Availability of Application||Date of Examination|
|NSD||Online/Offline||January 28, 2023||September 2023|
|FTII||Online||January 2023||February 15 and 16, 2023|
|AISF||Online/Offline||May 2023||June 27, 2023|
|SRFTI||Offline||January 2023||February 15 and 16, 2023|
How to Prepare for Diploma in Acting Entrance Exams?
For any exam, the student must prepare properly and according to the syllabus of the entrance exam. Below are some tips that can help candidates in scoring good marks in the entrance exam for admission to Diploma in Acting.
- Before starting with the preparation, have a look at the previous years’ cut off and then take the current syllabus and start with the preparation.
- As most of the entrance exams have negative marking, avoid attempting difficult questions if you don’t know the answer.
- Focus on both practical and theory subjects.
- Coverage of the entire curriculum of the entrance exam.
- Prepare yourself for the personal interview.
How to Get Admission to a Good College for a Diploma in Acting Course?
Every student wants to get admission to a good college but not of all they get. Here are few tips that can help students to get admission to a good college for a Diploma in Acting course.
- Students willing to take admission to a top college for Diploma in Acting must secure high marks in the entrance exam.
- Students start practising acting one year before admission.
- Students should also perform well in the practise round.
- Students desirous of taking admission to a good college must prepare themselves for the entrance exam, personal interview and group discussion that are conducted in different institutes and colleges.
- Students must try to collect all details of that college, where they want to pursue their future education like employment opportunities, course fees, etc.
What is the Course Diploma in Acting?
Students who are interested in acting and want to pursue their career in acting must go for Diploma in Acting. The scope of Diploma in Acting is diversified and the same is mentioned below.
- Diploma in Acting is course for those students who want to enhance their acting skills. Students can pursue the course from acting schools or acting institutes.
- Diploma in Acting course is beneficial for a student in developing original and creative acting skills that are necessary for an effortless performance through their acting in Theatre arts.
- Students learns many things from the course; acting: relaxation; trust; exuberance; discipline; response to criticism; a playful attitude;
- For pursuing this course, a student must be passionate and put in a lot of dedication and effort for their work, not only acting, but a student will also learn about casting directors, agents, and actors union in this course.
Diploma in Acting course Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Diploma in Acting|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must qualify in 10+2 final examination/ 12th final year examination|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance based and merit-based|
|Course Fee||INR 2,00,000-4,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 4,00,000-7,00,000|
|Major Recruiting Companies||Drama and Dance Schools, Film Industry, Educational Institutes, Event Management Companies etc.|
|Job Roles||Assistant Event Manager, Theatre Writer, Acting Consultant, Producer, Teacher|
Diploma in Acting vs Diploma in Film Direction vs Diploma in Cinematography
|Parameter||Diploma in Acting||Diploma in Film Direction||Diploma in Cinematography|
|Overview||It is a full-time course offered to students for preparing them for screen acting including dance and drama.||It is a full-time course for technical combination; a second idea putting forward for a large audience..||It is a full-time course that trains a student in technical, aesthetic level TV and Film programs.|
|Duration||3 years||3 year||3 year|
|Admission Criteria||This course can be pursued after the 12th final year examination.||This course can be pursued after the 12th final year examination.||This course can be pursued after completing a Bachelor’s degree.|
|Job Roles||Actor, Theatre Artist, Dancer, Voice over artist etc||Director, Assistant Director, Screenwriter, technical director, etc||Cinematographer, Director of Photography, Cameraman, Video Editor, Videographer etc|
|Average Salary Package||10 LPA||8LPA||7LPA|
Diploma in Acting course Top colleges
|College Name||City||Average Annual fees||Average starting Placement Package|
|Anupam Kher’s Actor Prepares the School for Actors||Mumbai||INR 2,25,000-3,50,000||INR 4,00,000-6,00,000|
|Indian Academy of Dramatic Arts||New Delhi||INR 2,00,000-3,00,000||INR 4,50,000-5,00,000|
|Institute of Creative Excellence, New Delhi||New Delhi||INR 1,25,000-2,50,000||INR 4,00,000-6,00,000|
|Institute of Creative Excellence, Kolkata||Kolkata||INR 2,05,000-2,50,000||INR 4,20,000-6,00,000|
|Livewires- The Media Institute||Mumbai||INR 1,25,000-2,50,000||INR 4,00,000-6,00,000|
|Madumati Acting Academy||Mumbai||INR 1,25,000-2,50,000||INR 4,00,000-6,00,000|
|Mumbai Digital Films Academy||Mumbai||INR 2,00,000-2,50,000||INR 4,50,000-5,00,000|
|Roshan Taneja School of Acting||Mumbai||INR 1,25,000-2,50,000||INR 4,00,000-6,00,000|
|Shri Ram Centre for Performing Arts||New Delhi||INR 1,05,000-2,00,000||INR 4,20,000-6,00,000|
|Principal Vmalhotra’s Film Acting School||Mumbai||INR 1,25,000-2,00,000||INR 4,00,000-6,00,000|
Diploma in Acting Course Distance Education
For students who want to pursue Diploma in Acting through distance education can apply to the programme. Yes, it is possible that students can pursue the course via online mode or by just visiting the college once or twice a week. Distance education is best suited for working professionals.
Institutions That Offer Diploma in Acting
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|School of Open and Distance Learning||INR 2,00,000-2,50,000 per annum|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University||INR 2, 25,000-3,00,000 per annum|
Diploma in Acting Course Syllabus
|First Year||Second Year|
|Acting Part-I||Acting Pat-II|
|Yoga||Cultural History and Heritage|
|English Language Course||Yoga and Meditations|
|Third Year||Fourth Year|
|Acting Specialization Part-III||Acting Practical-Specialization in Production of Play Part-V|
|Yoga and Meditations||Internship and Final Project|
|Languages||Production of play before the audience|
|Acting Part-IV (Production Oriented)||–|
Diploma in Acting Course Job Prospects and Career Options
Diploma in Acting is a course specially designed for students who are interested in acting and want to pursue acting in the career. A diploma in Acting needs more practical knowledge than theoretical knowledge. Students have diversified career options after this course, job roles that are available for students are Assistant Event Manager, Theatre Writer, Acting Consultant, Producer, and Teacher.
|Job Role||Average Salary in INR|
|Assistant Event Manager||INR 4,00,000-6,00,000|
|Theatre Writer||INR 4,00,000-5,50,000|
|Acting Consultant||INR 4,00,000-5,00,000|
Diploma in Acting course Future scope
There are vast options available for students after they completed Diploma in Acting course. Some of them are:
- Students can pursue a master’s degree with one specialisation.
- Students can go abroad and learn to perform at theatres which help students enhancing their skills.
- After pursuing a Diploma in Acting course, Students can appear for auditions and be a part of the television and film industry.
Post your comments about Diploma in Acting: Admission, Course Syllabus, Fees, Colleges, Salary 2023. below. E akhabaar published this Diploma in Acting: Admission, Course Syllabus, Fees, Colleges, Salary 2023. in our Univeristy details section by text taken from internet. We takes no responsibility of any errors, Please Check official records.