A list of healthy foods that boost testosterone in men.
Testosterone is one of the main hormones needed by the male body. It is used for sperm production, building muscle, strengthening bones, storing fat and producing red blood cells. At age 18, testosterone is at its highest, however, this goes down with age especially after 30. Men who have low testosterone levels may suffer from erectile dysfunction, prostate enlargement, muscle loss, loose skin, low libido, higher voice, breast tissue and loss of collagen.
In this article, we will share with you a list of healthy foods that boost testosterone in men. These will also increase your energy levels, making you feel great on a daily basis.
1. Eggs: Eggs contain all the building blocks of life and are a great source of vitamins and minerals. The yellow yolks are rich in healthy cholesterol, which is used as a raw material to make hormones like testosterone. Eating these regularly also helps to build muscle, strength and libido.
2. Salmon: Men who feel stressed often have high levels of cortisol, the stress hormone. This hormone blocks the production of testosterone in the body, so we must find ways to calm the body and lower stress. Salmon is a great source of Vitamin D which boosts testosterone and lowers cortisol.
3. Crab Meat: Many men have too much aromatase in the body, an enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen. Alaskan crab meat is a wonderful source of zinc which inhibits this conversion and keeps testosterone levels high. It also improves the health of the testicles.
4. Stinging Nettle Root: You can purchase this as a herbal tea or in capsule form. It is well known for supporting hormone balance in both men and women. It contains compounds that bind to SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin) leading to higher levels of testosterone in men.
5. Spring Water: Tap water is polluted with estradiol, a potent form of estrogen. Drinking this causes an imbalance in the body and lowers testosterone levels. Switch to drinking bottled spring water from a volcanic source. Trace minerals from this help to build testosterone and other hormones.
6. Kale: The body absorbs many dangerous toxins from the environment, like pesticides, heavy metals and pollutants. These are called endocrine disrupters which puts the hormones out of balance and are very dangerous for your health. Organic Kale helps to detoxify these chemicals from your liver, therefore helping to increase testosterone.
7. Bone Broth: Bone broth has numerous health benefits for men, especially when it comes to balancing hormones, building muscle tone, and boosting testosterone. It is rich in collagen and also saturated fat which is used to build the testosterone hormone.
8. Broccoli: Eat some lightly steamed broccoli to get more sulforaphane into your diet. This detoxifies harmful chemicals from the liver, which can prevent overproduction of estrogen. Cruciferous vegetables prevent hormone imbalance by cleansing the internal organs.
9. Avocado: One of nature’s most healing superfoods, avocados help to cleanse the liver. The liver plays an important role in balancing hormones and testosterone. Avocados are rich in healthy fats for supplying energy to the body and can reduce levels of unwanted estrogen in men.
10. Sauerkraut: Studies show that having more friendly bacteria in the gut can boost testosterone levels and prevent the testicles from shrinking. Fermented foods like sauerkraut supply these friendly bacteria, also known as probiotics.
11. Himalayan Salt: Regular table salt can be very unhealthy for the human body. Switch to Himalayan Sea Salt, and consume with food every single day. This salt is bound to 84 essential minerals which are used in the production of hormones and a healthy overall body.
12. Cabbage: Cabbage and other leafy greens help to get rid of bad estrogen in the body. If estrogen is too high then it lowers testosterone in men, so we must keep this in check. All forms of cabbage can help in balancing these important hormones.
13. Brussels Sprouts: These are another excellent vegetable which is rich in certain phytonutrients. These nutrients block an overproduction of estrogen in the body. This is perfect when you are trying to boost testosterone levels.
14. Shiitake Mushrooms: Eating a mixture of healthy mushrooms prevents the body from making too much aromatase, an enzyme which causes low testosterone levels. If you have a lot of belly fat or high estrogen, then these are some of the best foods to eat in salads.
15. Beef Liver: This organ meat is a wonderful source of Vitamin D which increases testosterone production. If you do not like the taste, we recommend having this minced and mixed with regular beef mince to disguise the flavour.
16. Oysters: Last but not least, oysters are another wonderful source of Zinc. These help to block the conversion of testosterone to estrogen and ensure that your levels stay high at all times.
As you can see there are many foods that you can eat that boost testosterone in men. Try eating a mixture of these foods regularly and cut back on processed junk foods which are high in sugar. Sugary foods can actually lower your testosterone levels because it triggers an overproduction of insulin. We also recommend cutting alcohol out of the diet, as this spikes cortisol and causes a fatty liver. This is the leading cause of low testosterone in the male body. Deadlifts and High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) are the best forms of exercise for raising testosterone in the body. Getting a healthy amount of sleep each day is also important for boosting growth hormone and testosterone. Growth hormone is known as the anti-ageing hormone and works hand in hand with testosterone for a healthy male body. Studies show that intermittent fasting on a daily basis can increase testosterone by up to 180%. Stop eating snacks between meals and load up on healthy cruciferous vegetables, healthy fats and protein sources.