A list of healthy herbs that boost immunity. Even you can buy some herbs from Patanjali Ayurveda and Sri Sri Ayurveda outlets.
There are many different types of invaders that can infect the human body. These include viruses, parasites, bacteria, fungi, mould, protozoa and algae. These microorganisms can be very dangerous for your health and attack the cells of the body in many different ways.
In this article, we highlight a list of healthy herbs that boost the immune system. Many of these were used in ancient times before the birth of modern antibiotics and medication. These help the body to protect itself from infection and also speed up the healing process.
1. Garlic to boost the immune system: This is one of the most potent immune boosters known to man. It contains natural compounds like allicin which are stronger than many medical drugs for fighting disease and infections. This is extremely effective at protecting the body against viruses, bacteria and other harmful microbes.
2. Wild Oregano Oil: This is one of the most powerful natural immune boosters when it comes to fighting viruses that attack the lungs and respiratory system. Taking this daily can help to fight off colds, flu, coronavirus, strep throat, sinusitis and many more infections. You can take this daily to improve resistance to infection.
3. Olive Leaf The leaves of the olive tree are rich in a natural compound called oleuropein. This is a natural phytochemical that is able to stop viruses in their tracks. It also fights bacteria, parasites, protozoans and fungi. You can get olive leaf extract in capsule form as a daily immune booster.
4. Colloidal Silver This is an age-old remedy which is a mixture of silver particles in water and helps to maintain a strong immune system. Colloidal silver destroys harmful bacteria and viruses in the body and can fight antibiotic-resistant pathogens like MRSA.
5. Matcha: Matcha is a concentrated form of green tea powder which can be used in herbal drinks and capsules. This is rich in a natural pigment called chlorophyll. This detoxifies the liver making your body more resistant to infections. The liver tissue is one of the front lines of defence in targeting, capturing and destroying harmful pathogens.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar helps to strengthen stomach acids which destroy harmful microbes in contaminated foods. You can take capsules or drink 1-2 tablespoons in a glass of water before food. This is also very effective at speeding up phagocytes in the blood, helping them to engulf and destroy pathogens from inside the body.
7. Ginger: Fresh ginger root contains a substance called gingerol which can help lower the risk of infections. It naturally blocks the growth of many different pathogens especially respiratory infections. It soothes digestive problems like gastritis and bloating.
8. Elderberry: Both elderberry’s and their flowers are packed full of antioxidants and vitamins that boost the immune system. People often use these to speed up the life cycle of an infection, for faster and rapid healing.
9. AHCC: AHCC is a powerful alternative medicine which is used to increase your defences against viral infections such as flu, coronavirus or the common cold. This is extracted from specific types of mushrooms and can be purchased in a concentrated natural pill.
10. Echinacea: This is a herb which is extracted from certain flowers in the daisy family. This should be taken at the first sign of infection. It activates more lymphocytes and macrophages, the white blood cells that fight viruses.
11. Vitamin D3: Many people get infections and viruses during the wintertime because they do not get access to enough sunshine. When the sun touches the skin the body makes vitamin D, which is a large part of the immune system. The best natural supplement of this is Vitamin D3 in capsule form (cholecalciferol). This is extracted from lanolin – a waxy substance found on sheep’s wool. Always take Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 together, as these work together in the body.
12. Probiotics: 70 per cent of the human immune system is found in the gut also known as the microbiome in the intestines. You can take a daily supplement of probiotics, these are also known as friendly bacteria. These strengthen your immune response to foreign microorganisms and destroy them before they can pass through the intestinal wall. You can purchase these in capsules, make sure to take at least 30 Billion CFU’s per day.
13. Pumpkin Seed Oil: We highly recommend taking this in small pearl capsules to boost the health of the entire body. This contains a concentrated amount of zinc, the most important trace mineral for building a stronger immune system. It helps to strengthen membranes around cells and works with over 100 different enzymes in the body.
14. Liver Extract: You can purchase a high-quality organic grass-fed beef liver extract to raise iron levels in the body. This is the healthiest iron source that you can consume and does not cause toxicity like common iron capsules. Iron helps immune cells to mature and grow and also prevent viruses from multiplying in the body.
15. Peppermint: This is one of the best herbs for healing infections of the lungs and respiratory system. You can drink this as a herbal tea at the first sign of an infection. This also supports a healthy digestive system and keeps your intestinal tract in excellent condition.
16. Ashwagandha: This is one of the most powerful adaptogenic herbs used in India for thousands of years. This is an Ayurvedic ancient herb that helps your body adapt to stress. Stress rapidly weakens the immune system so it’s important to reduce this to strengthen your body.
17. Calendula: Calendula is one of the best natural antibacterial herbs. This is an orange flower which is used to make antibacterial creams, oils and extracts. It is best used for healing both internal skin and external skin problems. It contains anti-inflammatory compounds that help to heal wounds, soothe eczema, acne and reduce inflammation of the skin.
18. Cat’s Claw: This herb helps to modulate the immune system, helping it to attack invaders like viruses, yet reduce auto-immune responses. Studies show that taking this speeds up the white blood cells respond to infections, preventing them from spreading through the body. It is often used to fight strep throat and candida overgrowth in particular.
19. Liquorice Root: This contains glycyrrhizinic acid and glycyrrhetinic acid which has antiviral effects. These natural chemicals weaken viruses and prevent them from replicating and copying themselves in the body. They also help to stop viruses from binding to the cells. Liquorice root also fights other types of invaders like microbes, parasites and fungi.
20. St John’s Wort Taking a supplement of this herb helps to treat anxiety, stress and depression. Having less stress in the body supports a stronger immune system and keeps your body in better condition for resisting infections.
As you can see there are many herbs that strengthen the immune system and help your body to fight infections from microorganisms. We also recommend getting a good quality 8 hours sleep each day, as sleep is essential for keeping your defences high. Those who do not get enough sleep will have hormone imbalances in the adrenal glands, which leads to a weaker immune response. To improve your sleep quality you can use passionflower tea or magnesium citrate to help you drift off and relax at night. A key recommendation in today’s video would be taking a Vitamin D3 & K2 supplement. Vitamin D is absolutely essential when it comes to protecting your body from pathogens like viruses. You can also perform intermittent fasting by eating all of your calories in a 3-hour window during the day. This triggers a process called autophagy where your body cleans out harmful microbes and recycles dead tissues and proteins for excellent health. Be sure to eat lots of nutrient-dense foods every day to keep your defences strong, especially in the winter or during an epidemic.