Check Librarian Courses After 12th 2022-23: Jobs, Salary, Admission & Career | B.Lib / B.Lib.I.Sc / B.Lis / M.Phil details on our Courses section on e akhabaar
Librarian Courses After 12th 2022: In India huge demand increasing for library course after 12th like Courses B.Lib / B.Lib.I.Sc / B.Lis. A librarian is a person who works professionally in a library, providing access to information and sometimes social or technical programming to users. A student can do a library science course after doing his Bachelor’s. B.Lib is a Famous Librarian course in India. Traditionally, a librarian is associated with collections of books, as demonstrated by the etymology of the word “librarian” (from the Latin liber, “book”). Librarian positions are expected to increase 6%, which is as fast as average, between 2018 and 2028 (www.bls.gov). Do you know that number of 31 Library & Information Science colleges available in Delhi/NCR. Aspirants should know the different courses offered to become a Librarian.
The best librarian courses after 12th can help you learn all about the art of creating and using a systematic collection of books, articles, recordings, electronic resources and other information sources. Such information is stored in a library or a repository. The best Librarian courses in India aim to equip students with the skills required to effectively manage these repositories as well as facilitate research and learning activities for students, scholars and researchers from across different disciplines.
Certificate in Library Science. Certificate in Library and Information Science. Diploma in Library and Information Science. Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation and Networking.
Modern libraries are increasingly being redefined as places to get unrestricted access to information in many formats and from many sources. Employment of librarians is projected to grow 6 percent from 2018 to 2028, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Communities are increasingly turning to libraries for a variety of services and activities. Therefore, there will be a need for librarians to manage libraries and help patrons find information. Librarians help people find information and conduct research for personal and professional use. Certificate in Library Science & Certificate in Library and Information Science. Librarians assist patrons in locating the leisure reading materials and references.
Whosoever becomes librarian, he/she also needs to be a good researcher.
National Librarian’s day held at KITS Warangal: The Central library staff of the KITS held National Librarian’s Day commemorating the birth anniversary of Dr S R Ranganathan, the father of library science in India, at their institute on Wednesday.
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science or B.Lib is a 1-year degree awarded to students who excel in Library Science.
- This is to point out that, Bachelor of Library and Information Science or BLIS is an arts degree.
- It is most important to note that, this course comes under science and humanities.
- This is to point out that, Bachelor of Library and Information Science course is also known BLIS.
- It is most important to note that, BLIS course duration is 1 year.
Librarian Courses After 12th 2022-23
- Diploma in Library Science.
- Certificate Course in Library Science.
- Bachelor of Library science (B L Sc).
- Bachelor of Lib & Info Science (B L I Sc).
- Masters in Library science (B L Sc).
- Masters in Lib & Info Science (B L I Sc).
The objective of B.Lib course is to meet the demand of the growing needs of experts in the fields of library management and administration, book and journal procurement. This very important UG Course for Future because Digital Library Generation Boosting very fast in India.
- This is to point out that, this course focuses on library science.
- It is most important to note that, the eligibility for the BLIS course is a Bachelor’s degree.
- This is to point out that at least 50 percent of marks are needed.
- It is most important to note that, BLIS focuses on the maintenance, management, and preservation of the library.
- This is to point out that, its sources are secured through computer networks.
- Besides, librarians are trained on how to maintain library data, how to use e-books.
- It is most important to note that, BLIS course students get to work in public libraries, school and college libraries, etc.
- Besides, BLIS graduates are eligible to work in both the government as well as private sectors.
- This is to point out that, librarians gain more knowledge through different books.
- Besides, many universities and colleges in India offer certificate, diploma, bachelor’s, and master’s degree courses in this field.
- Moreover, to become a librarian you should hold a bachelor’s degree or PG degree in this field.
- This is to point out that, librarians should have a good knowledge of information science and good skills in customer handling.
- It is most important to note that, Library Science is the study of librarianship.
- This is to point out that, the principles and practices of library care and administration.
- Besides, it deals with how to manage books and other information, particularly through preserving, collecting, and organizing books and other materials in libraries.
- It is most important to note that, this profession is suitable for people who like the library and information science.
- Besides, it mainly focuses on the organization and administration of a library.
- Moreover, it also deals with technical, informational, and reference services.
- Some people are under the impression that library management is a dying profession. However, that isn’t true. Even though almost everyone has access to information at the click of a button, there are people who do not know how to look for information. This is where librarians come to help.
|Information Sources & Services||
Library Information Technology
|Library Cataloguing (Practical)||
Library Management & Information Centres
|Library Classification (Practical)||
Library Cataloguing (Theory)
|Library, Information & Society||
Library Classification (Theory)
|Project Work: Literature and Field Survey|
Who is a Librarian?
- A librarian is a person who works professionally in a library.
- It is most important to note that, they provide access to information and sometimes social or technical programming.
- Students have access to libraries both in schools and colleges.
- Besides, librarians are trained professionals who know the library and information science.
- The librarians store both prints as well as electronic information resources.
- Besides, the new forms of information resources are such as CDs, DVDs, E-Books, databases, and audiobooks, etc.
- Moreover, in the training period, librarians learn about manage bookshelves as well as electronic information resources too.
- They perform main tasks such as organizing resources of information, staff management, stationary management, organizing events and also helps to assist the users of the library.
Why is the demand of a librarian?
Why is the demand for a Librarian?
Because there’s an increasing number of colleges and educational institutes, there is a requirement of qualified and trained Librarians, that’s why various universities offer librarian courses.
We have Public libraries, Academic libraries and Technical libraries who need experienced librarians to differentiate various sections of the society.
There may be a question in your mind about whether librarians are required or not. Yes, Librarians manage the library and provide books to individuals. If you are good at academic studies but don’t want to become a lecturer, then you can obviously go for the librarian course.
Duties of Librarian
- Budget Management
- Managing library supplies and stationery
- Organizing Community Events
- Assisting Patrons
- Managing staff
- Promoting the use of library resources
- Organizing information resources in an accessible way.
- To deal with inquiries and assisting library users.
- Keeping up to date with the new publications.
- Promoting the use of the library.
- Setting up activities such as reading groups.
Do skills matter to becoming a librarian?
Yes, skills do matter when you want to become a librarian. We will have a look at the skillset required to become a librarian.
Technological skills- As the librarian is responsible to maintain the record of books, readers, etc. It is essential to get used to the computer and various computer applications such as MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Document, etc. Nowadays, it is seen that advanced software is available which eases the task of a librarian. The automatic record of books, number of books, etc. can be maintained and tracked easily.
Discipline– A librarian must be highly disciplined and organized. At the same time, he/ she should be detail oriented and a committed person to service.
Analytical Skills- A librarian must be able to make decisions related to the process, system, and practices going on in the library.
Librarians must be good at communicating with various people such as coworkers, readers, members, etc. Communication skills can help the librarians to understand, and interpret the concerns of the readers and provide solutions and help to them.
Specializations of Librarian Course
There are various types of specializations involved in library courses such as librarian, indexing, administration, researcher, abstractor, meta data management, information architecture etc.
Top Library Science Courses after 12th
Here We are going to share a list with you for Certificate, Diploma, Under Graduate, Post Graduate Library Courses.
This is to point out that, the library science certificate courses give training to the students.
Besides, this course deals with the basic principles of library and information.
Moreover, it also includes Fundamental laws, library organization, management, and library and information Service.
This is to point out that, the common courses are:
- Certificate in Library Science (C.Lib)
- Certificate in Library and Information Science (C.LISc.)
It is most important to note that, the duration of this course is 6 months.
This is to point out that, it includes 250 Hour’s theory and 150 hour’s practical.
10+2 from a recognized board in any stream.
Diploma Courses in Library Science
It is most important to note that, these courses are diploma level courses in library science.
Besides, this course helps the students learn about how to manage information resources effectively.
This is to point out that, this course helps students to understand the role and importance of information management.
It is most important to note that, the common courses are:
- Diploma in Library Science (D.Lib.)
- Diploma in Library and Information Science (D.LISc.)
This is to point out that, the duration of this diploma course is one year.
10+2 from a recognized board
Bachelor Courses in Library Science (B.Lib)
This is to point out that, this course provides knowledge to the students and develops their skills in library procedures.
It is most important to note that, it is one of the job oriented courses of library science.
Besides, the common courses are:
- Bachelor of Library Science (B.Lib)
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.LISc.)
This is to point out that the duration of this course is two years.
It is most important to note that the candidates should have Diploma in library science or any graduate from a recognized college.
Some of the subjects that are taught in Bachelor of Library Science (B.Lib) are
Library, Information, and Society
Basics of Information Technology in Library Science
Literature and Field Survey, etc.
B.Lib Admission Process
This is to point out that, admission process varies from one institution to another.
It is most important to note that, candidates should be eligible for the course they want to apply.
However, some of the reputed colleges refer to the merit score for the admission process.
Library Courses Distance Learning
- This is to point out that, distance learning courses are getting popular in India.
- It is most important to note that, a lot of students want to earn their degree while working.
- This is to point out that, several institutes offer library science courses through distance education.
- It is most important to note that, the scope for distance learning is more compared to earlier days.
- This is to point out that, now students can learn library science courses through distance education mode.
- Besides, students can find employment as library assistants in colleges/schools, public libraries, archives and information centers, etc.
Library Course Fees
- This is to point out that, the library science courses are approximately Rs.10 k-35k.
- It is most important to note that, the fees vary from one institute to another.
B.Lib Top Institutes
|Name of the Institute||Location|
|Chhatrapati Sahu Ji Maharaja University||Kanpur|
|College of Commerce||Patna|
|Isabella Thoburn Degree College||Lucknow|
|Rajiv Gandhi College||Bhopal|
|University of Lucknow||Lucknow|
Some of the open universities offering B.Lib.I.Sc. are:
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
- IGNOU, New Delhi
- Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University, Bhopal
- Nalanda Open University, Patna
Bachelor of Library and Information Science course (BLIS)
This is to point out that, BLIS is a 1-year degree course.
Besides, students can apply after completing their bachelor’s degree in any of the courses.
BLIS core subjects:
- Cataloging and Classification
- Reference Services in Library
- New Trends in Information Science
- Library Administration
BLIS Entrance Exams
It is most important to note that, AMU conducts the BLIS entrance exam once a year in June.
This is to point out that, the University of Calcutta, conducts BLIS Entrance Exam the month of June for Library and Information Science course.
BLIS Course Preparation
- It is most important to note that, books are the source of knowledge, and respecting the books is important.
- Besides, BLIS course graduates will be working in the libraries, so they need to have such respect for the books.
- This is to point out that, discipline is the key factor in this course.
- Besides, understanding the subject is necessary and the key is the discipline that one maintains for the subject.
- This is to point out that, candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Besides, candidates should at least score 50-55% in their bachelor’s degree to be eligible for the BLIS course.
- Moreover, some of the universities such as the University of Calcutta and Aligarh Muslim University conducts entrance exams for BLIS course once in a year.
- Besides, students who wish to write a Bachelor of Library and Information Science course entrance exams should have basic knowledge about libraries.
B.Lis Admission Process
- This is to point out that, the admission procedure may vary from college to college.
- It is most important to note that, some of the institutes take students based on their marks of bachelor’s degrees.
- However, there are few colleges which conduct their entrance exam for the admission of the students who have applied for the course.
- This is to point out that, the candidate can apply for the BLIS course through online or offline mode of the chosen university.
- Besides, few colleges after the entrance exams conduct a personal interview round for the candidates who have passed the admission eligibility test.
- Moreover, most of the colleges prefer candidates with at least 50% marks in their bachelor’s degree.
|Year – I|
|Basics of Information Technology|
|Foundations of Library and Library Management|
|Information Sources and Services|
|Library Cataloguing Practicals|
|Library Cataloguing Theory|
|Library Classification Practicals|
|Library Classification Theory|
BLIS Course Syllabus:
|Year – I|
|Bibliographies and Bibliographic Control|
|Classification of Documents by CC|
|Classification of Documents by DDC|
|Documentation Techniques & Services|
|Information Technology in Daily Life|
|Library Catalogue – Nature and Functions|
|Society and Library: Kinds of Libraries, Five Laws of Library Science|
|Theory of Classification: Growth and Structure of Knowledge – Need and Purpose of Library Classification|
M.Phill in Library and Information Science
- This is to point out that, for this course, students must have passed 10+2 exam
- Besides, for B.Lib.and BLI Sc candidates should have a graduate-level degree from any recognized university.
- This is to point out that, students must have passed graduation in Library Science or related field.
- Besides, for M.Phill and Ph.D. courses, students should hold a master’s degree in Library and Information Science.
- This is to point out that, candidates should meet the eligibility criteria for the preferred course.
- For M.Phil Admission, the candidate must complete a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. The candidate also needs to clear the relevant entrance examination.
- It is most important to note that, some colleges and institutions put an age limit for admissions.
- Besides, in India, some universities offer admissions based on merit list based on the qualifying exam score.
Top Library Science Colleges in India
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- The Global Open University, Dimapur
- Rabindra Bharathi University, Calcutta
- SRM University, Haryana
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
- Alagappa University, Karaikudi
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- Jiwaji University, Gwalior
- University of Delhi, New Delhi
- Punjab University, Department of Library & Information Science, Chandigarh
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, SPPU, Pune
Top career options after Library Courses
- This is to point out that, graduates of library science have both Governments as well as private job options.
- Besides, this is one of the most demanding and career-oriented fields.
- It is most important to note that, educational institutions are primary recruitments places of librarians.
- This is to point out that, librarians mostly find jobs in the education sector.
- Besides, a librarian is found in various places like Universities & Colleges, Court Houses.
- Moreover, they are also found in Public Schools, Law Offices, Museums, Local Library Buildings, etc.
- This is to point out that, in this field, one has many career opportunities.
- It is most important to note that, one can also switch to a senior job as a manager.
- This is to point out that, one may take the responsibility of a special service or collection.
- It is most important to note that, one can go for a wide range of career prospects within library organizations.
- Besides, it is possible to plan your career effectively from the starting point.
Top Job Sectors For Librarian Candidates
- Foreign Embassies
- Schools, Colleges/Universities
- Museums and Galleries
- Information Centers
- Private Organizations
- Job Roles of Library science:
- Chief Librarian
- Documentation Officer
- Director of Library Services
- Information Executive
- Information Analyst
- Knowledge Officer
- Records Manager
Popular libraries in India and their Management
Some of the popular libraries in India are given below.
- Asiatic Society, Mumbai
- The National Library of India, Kolkata
- Raza Library, Rampur (Uttar Pradesh)
- Trivandrum Public Library, Kerala
- Allahabad Public Library, Allahabad
- State Central Library, Hyderabad
These libraries are vast and huge and need proper management. The management of these libraries is strong and professionals are required on large scale.
Popular Library Courses List
- Certificate & Diploma Courses
- Certificate in Library Science
- Certificate in Library and Information Science
- Diploma in Library and Information Science
- PG Diploma in Library Automation and Networking
- Bachelor Courses:
- Bachelor in Library Science (B.Lib.)
- Phill in Library and Information Science
Top Librarian Positions
- Library Assistant
- Information Assistant
- Library Attendant
- Deputy Librarian
- Senior Information Analyst
- This is to point out that, the librarian gets very good salary packages in both government and private sectors.
- It is most important to point out that, in India, a Librarian gets a salary between Rs. 2 to 4 lacs per annum.
- This is to point out that, salaries will vary in the working area, education, experience and many other factors.
- Besides, a master’s degree and good experience as a Librarian can earn a very good salary package.
By now I’m sure you’ve a brief idea about the jobs you might get as a librarian, the duties that you have to do, the salary that you’ll be paid and some other basic details. Let me now just take you through some common benefits of taking up this course. Firstly the job as a librarian is not that stressful when we compare to to other jobs. You obviously get paid quite decent salary. If you love books doing job of a librarian is something perfect for you. You are able to work indoors. These were just few benefits to mention. There are many other benefits of taking librarian courses.
Q1. What is the eligibility for a librarian?
Ans. That is to say, to pursue diploma and certificate courses, students must be 10+2 pass. However, for B. Lib. (Bachelor of Library Science) & B.LiSc (Bachelor of Library Information Science), candidates should have a bachelor’s level degree from any recognized university.
Q2. What is the Library course?
Ans. To clarify that, B. Lib is a 1-year degree. Besides, it is given to students who qualify in Library Science. To sum up, Library Science is an act of managing, maintaining, and preserving information. Moreover, it also uses sources of information technology and education.
Q3. Is librarian a good career?
Ans. To point out that, librarians help their community and enjoy interacting with people. Besides, this career is for those who enjoy the information, libraries can be a wonderful place for them. Moreover, libraries are the best place for people who love books. To sum up, a career as a librarian is very good.
Q4. What is the age limit for librarian jobs?
Ans. To point out that, the upper limit age relaxation for SC/ST candidates is 5 years. However, for OBC it is 3 years. Besides, for Physically Challenged it is 10 years.
Q5. Can I take a librarian course online?
Ans. To clarify that, all librarian posts require a master’s in library science (MLS). Hence, your education can be completed entirely online.
Q6. How to prepare for a librarian exam?
Ans. That is to say that for Library Science exam use IGNOU BLIS Study Material. Moreover, also use Kanchan Kamila PDFs. Besides, as the degree is of a basic standard, Questions will be easy. Moreover, you need to prepare well for the exam.
Q7.What is the scope of B lib?
Ans. To clarify that, work after pursuing a B. Lib course, candidates can get jobs in various sectors. Moreover, they can get employed in Foreign Embassies, Museums, and Galleries. Besides, there is also scope in reading rooms, Research Agencies, News Agencies. Moreover, there is also a job option in the book store, Private Libraries, Films Libraries, etc.
Q8. Is the librarian an easy job?
Ans. That is to say, it is not easy to be a Librarian. Moreover, candidates need to have good memory power to remember the different slots and categories of books of the library. Besides, these days many new job profiles for Librarians have been introduced.
Q9. How to get a job at the library?
Ans. To clarify that, candidates should look for job advertisements in the newspaper. Besides, there are library volunteer posts at your local public library. Moreover, you can also get a job at your college campus library. However, work experience, academic research positions, and bookstore employment are also given importance.
Q10. What are the duties of librarians?
Ans. That is to say, the duties of librarians are selecting, developing, cataloging, and classifying library resources. Moreover, they also answer readers’ queries. Besides, they also have to use library systems and computer applications. Moreover, they should also manage staff recruitment, training. Besides, they have other supervisory duties.
Q11. Does one need to give entrance exam for librarian course?
Ans. The requirement of entrance examination differs from institute to institute. Some institutes give direct admission i.e. without any entrance test. Some institutes consider the entrance test score for admission.
Apart from maintain and organizing, it is a duty of the librarian to plan activities in the vicinity which increases the interest of people in the use of a Library.
Post your comments about Librarian Courses After 12th 2022-23: Jobs, Salary, Admission & Career | B.Lib / B.Lib.I.Sc / B.Lis / M.Phil below. E akhabaar published this Librarian Courses After 12th 2022-23: Jobs, Salary, Admission & Career | B.Lib / B.Lib.I.Sc / B.Lis / M.Phil in our Univeristy details section by text taken from internet. We takes no responsibility of any errors, Please Check official records.