Non SDS Canada Visa Requirements:
Non-SDS visa applications are required to apply for a visa under the General category of Study Permit. Most importantly, under the Non SDS Canada, you need to clear a language proficiency test. You can appear for IELTS, PTE or TOEFL exam to illustrate your language proficiency. Keep in mind that your IELTS score must be overall 6 not less than 5.5 in one module of the paper.
The documents required for the Non SDS Study visa are as follows:
- Letter of Acceptance from College or University
- IELTS score sheet with no minimum score requirement (Chances for Visa depend on the scores achieved. A score of less of than 5.5 band in any language skill has low chances)
- 12th Grade mark sheet for undergraduate programs (You have to submit your academic documents that are genuine. The documents will include your previous education certificates such as 10th certificate, 12th certificate, graduation or diploma.)
- Usually, a bachelor’s degree or an advanced diploma lasting three to four years with a minimum of 50% or above is required for postgraduate courses. (This may vary with different programs or institutions)
- Proof of work experience, along with payslips of the last 3 months, if there is any.
- Proof of payment of tuition fee ( Under non-SDS visa requirements, you can start by depositing tuition fees for six months for DLI. However, you need to make sure that you portray financial stability. You have to submit documents as proof of financial stability)
- Proof of funds to support living expenses – bank savings, investments, education loan, and so on. You can also add liquid assets in the form of GPF, Bank Statements, Fixed Deposits, and many more.
- Proof of income – Form 16 or income tax return documents of either the student or sponsor
- Medical test results conducted only by approved panel doctors (You have to submit a document of full-body check-up as proof of medical examination.)
- Visa fee of $150
- In Case of non SDS Canada study visa, Statement of purpose (Sop) plays a vital role. It is more like an essay in which you have to mention the reason for choosing Canada as your education destination along with the reason for choosing the specific course.
The students must deposit an amount of $10000 (CAD) or more as a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC). The money deposited helps ensure that the student is secured in Canada and has additional sources to fund possible expenses. Basically, it is the amount which student will get once he/she will reach over there.
There are some banks that offer GIC :
- NOVA SCOTIA
The student will get $2,000 CAD plus any interest deposited into his student bank account when he arrives in Canada. further, he will receive approximately $667 CAD each month for the next 12 months.
IN NON SDS Canada study Visa, GIC IS NOT COMPULSORY STUDENTS CAN REPLACE GIC WITH PROOF OF LIQUID FUNDS.
Candidates planning to apply for Non SDS visa for Canada need to meet the requirements for Non SDS application. In case you have IELTS 5.5 in one of the modules or you would be paying tuition fee for the semester then you can apply under Non SDS visa. Applicants need to consult their Canada study visa consultant for the application.