Check information about Top 10 IIMs Colleges in India | Rank | Location | Package on Toplist Article section of e akhabaar.
Top 10 IIMs Colleges in India: Planning, execution, and supervision are all a part of the fast-emerging Management studies. With numerous start-ups rising and the traditional corporate businesses making a mark, the demand for management graduates has seen a steep rise. Considering such management degrees apart from imparting professional skill sets also play an important role in introducing corporate lifestyle, it’s important to take the degree seriously.
Top 10 IIMs Colleges in India
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) has been a brand in management, and every management aspirant in India has a dream to be a graduate of IIM. But with 20 such IIMs to choose from, it gets tough to know which one to go for. Worry not, here we have the list of top 10 IIMs, and we hope by the end of the list, you’ll know which one to choose.
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
IIM, Ahmedabad towers 1st in the NIRF 2020 ranking and is regarded as the best institution for management studies in India. The cut-off has even soared up to 99 percentile in recent times, making it one of the most difficult colleges to get into. The college lies on a higher fees spectrum with fees ranging from Rs. 10L to 28L, depending on the course you opt for. Few highlights of this college are:
- Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Top Recruiters: BCG, McKinsey, HUL, Samsung Electronics, TCS.
- Highest Package: 55.88 LPA
- Average Package: 26.13 LPA
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
Located in the IT Hub of the country, IIM Bangalore comes 2nd in the list of top IIMs in the country. With the cut-off percentile starting from 97 to 98, you need to be the best to get a call from this IIM. The fee relies on the course you go for, but the flagship course of PGP (or 2-year MBA) will cost you Rs. 14 Lakhs. Some other details of the college are:
- Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
- Top Recruiters: Amazon, Bain & Company, Accenture Strategy, Goldman Sachs.
- Highest Package: 32.10 LPA
- Average Package: 26.18 LPA
Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
Being the first IIM in this country, IIM Calcutta does justice to its legacy and is considered one of the best B-School in India. The college offers several courses apart from its flagship PGPM (MBA) course and has a sky-scraping cut-off of about 99 percentile. Fees range from Rs. 11.25 Lakhs to Rs. 27 Lakhs depending on your course, but it’ll be a smart investment on your part. Major highlights of this IIM are listed below:
- Location: Kolkata, West Bengal
- Top Recruiters: McKinsey & Co, Bain & Co, Mahindra & Mahindra, Accenture.
- Highest Package: 80 LPA (Last year)
- Average Package: 29 LPA
Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
Next on the list comes IIM Lucknow, which was the fourth addition to the IIM brand. The 2-year PGP is the flagship course of the institution for which cut-off moves between 97 and 98 percentile, whereas the fee for the course amounts from Rs. 5.5 Lakhs to 19.25 Lakhs. Other details about IIM Lucknow which might interest you are:
- Location: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Top Recruiters: Accenture, Amazon, American Express, Colgate Palmolive, ITC.
- Highest Package: 51 LPA
- Average Package: 26 LPA
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
Premised in the historic city of Calicut in Kerala, IIM Kozhikode comes 5th in the list of top 10 IIMs in India. The institution offers several postgraduate and Ph.D. programs, with the 2-year PGP being its flagship course. The cut-off of IIM Kozhikode usually stays around 97-98 percentile, and the PGP course will cost you just about Rs. 20 Lakhs. Few highlights of this institution are:
- Location: Kozhikode, Kerala
- Top Recruiters: Amazon, Airtel, Cognizant, Flipkart, Bain & Company.
- Highest Package: 46.88 LPA
- Average Package: 22.50 LPA
Indian Institute of Management, Indore
The next B-school in the line is IIM Indore. With numerous collaborations and extraordinary placement records, this IIM is one of the sought choices among the management aspirants. The cut-off stays around 97 percentile, and the fee of their 2-year PGP course is between Rs. 15.01 Lakhs and 26 Lakhs. Major details of this college are:
- Location: Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Top Recruiters: Flipkart, Asian Paints, Capgemini, ACG, Cipla.
- Highest Package: 41.50 LPA
- Average Package: 23.60 LPA
Indian Institute of Management, Trichy
Established in 2011, IIM Trichy is way ahead in the league than several other B-schools in India. Other than the PGP course, the institution also offers courses like PGP-HR, E-PGP, and FPM, etc. The expected cut-off of this institute lies around 94-95 percentile, and the fee ranges from Rs. 10 Lakhs to Rs. 17 Lakhs depending on your chosen course. Few highlights of this institution are:
- Location: Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
- Top Recruiters: Deloitte, Dell, HCL, Infosys, Hyundai.
- Highest Package: 25 LPA
- Average Package: 14.96 LPA
Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur
Situated in the picturesque city of Udaipur, IIM Udaipur is the youngest institution in the world to get into the FT Master in Management Ranking 2019. This college has an expected cut-off of 92-94 percentile, and the 2-year MBA course will cost you Rs. 17.05 Lakhs but considering their facilities, you’ll definitely get your value for money. Highlights of this college are given below:
- Location: Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Top Recruiters: Aditya Birla Capital, Amul, Axis Bank, Tata Steel, Titan.
- Highest Package: 40 LPA
- Average Package: 13.84 LPA
Indian Institute of Management, Raipur
Established in 2010, IIM Raipur becomes the 9th entry to this list. With world-class facilities and exceptional placements, the fees of Rs. 14.2 Lakhs seem like a little price to pay. The cut-off for this IIM moves between 94 and 95 percentile. So, step up your game if you want to get in here. Major highlights of this college are:
- Location: Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Top Recruiters: Hindustan Unilever, HDFC Bank, Hero Motocorp Ltd., Ultra Tech.
- Highest Package: 28.12 LPA
- Average Package: 15.20 LPA
Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi (Top 10 IIMs Colleges in India)
The ninth institute to become a part of the IIM legacy was IIM Ranchi. Along with its flagship course of PGP, the institution offers several other postgraduate, doctoral, and certification programs. The cut-off generally swings between 94 to 95 percentile, and fees (depending on your chosen course) range from Rs. 9.75 Lakhs to 14.76 Lakhs. Few sought after details of IIM Ranchi are:
- Location: Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Top Recruiters: Samsung, ICICI Bank, Flipkart, Tata Motors, Accenture.
- Highest Package: 22.37 LPA (MBA); Rs. 26.50 LPA (MBA HR)
- Average Package: 15.11 LPA (MBA); Rs. 14.55 LPA (MBA HR)
What are the top 3 IIMs of India?
Ans- IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, and IIM Calcutta are considered the top 3 IIMs.
What is the selection process of IIMs?
Ans- Selection in all IIMs is made based on the CAT score. Besides CAT, factors like performance in the personal interview, group discussion, and prior work experience also play a role in the selection process.
What courses are offered by IIMs of India?
Ans- IIMs offer a variety of post-graduation courses like MBA, PGPM, and PGDM.
Which IIM has the highest package?
Ans- According to the placement information of 2021, IIM Ahmedabad had the highest package of Rs. 55.88 LPA.
Post your comments about Top 10 IIMs Colleges in India | Rank | Location | Package below.