Check Madras University Admission 2023-23: Courses, Application Form, Last Dates & Eligibility details on our University section on e akhabaar
The University of Madras is located in Tamil Nadu which is a public university, One of the oldest universities in India. The university offers many courses, more than 230 courses. It was the Alma mater of many famous people like CV Raman, APJ Abdul Kalam, Srinivasa Ramanujan. Aspirants can look into the details of the university just by going to their official site which is https://www.unom.ac.in/ and can get whatever information they need. The university provides good infrastructure amenities to the students. The college has two hostels one for the girls and one for the boys with all the modern facilities. It was the Alma mater of many well-known people like CV Raman, APJ Abdul Kalam, Srinivasa Ramanujan. Aspirants can look into the details of the university just by going to their official site. Madras University was one of the oldest universities in India. It was incorporated by an act of the legislative council of India under the British government.
The university provides good infrastructure facilities to the students. The university has two hostels one for the girls and one for the boys with all modern facilities. The university provides good food at reasonable prices in the canteen. The university provides various scholarships to deserving candidates.
Also Read Madaras University Fee Structure
Madras University Schools
- School of Historical Studies
- School of Social Sciences
- School of International and Political Studies
- School of Economics
- School of Philosophy and Religious Thought
- School of Fine and Performing Arts
- School of English and Foreign Languages
- School of Tamil and other Dravidian Languages
- School of Sanskrit and other Indian Languages
- School of Management Studies
- School of Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
- School of Information and Communication Studies
- School of Earth and Atmospheric Science
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Basic Medical Sciences
- School of Nano Science and Photonics
Madras University Eligibility criteria 2023-23
- For Ph.D candidates should have completed their post-graduation in the respective field or courses.
- M.A. Candidates should hold a graduation degree in the respected course.
- For MBA graduation with 50%+ TANCET is necessary.
- For PG diploma aspirants should have completed graduation with 50%+ TANCET.
- M.Tech aspirants should have completed graduation with 50%+ TANCET.
- M.Phil candidates should hold a postgraduate degree in the respective course and fields they are pursuing.
- M.Sc. Candidates should have completed their graduation and should acquire a graduation degree in the respected feel they are pursuing.
Madras University Admission procedure
- The university holds an entrance test for various courses and for certain courses, the candidates are selected based on merit. The online forms for registrations are available on the official website of the university candidates can access the form which will cost ₹300+18% GST.
- Candidates should have a look into the university’s prospectus before registering themselves.
- Applicants can pay online via net banking/Credit card/debit card.
- Before adjusting themselves candidates should have A passport size photograph of 50KB, A scanned signature of 50KB.
- If the candidate once registered cannot withdraw their registration or cannot get the refund of the fees.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to check the portal regularly for updates.
- The photograph must be coloured and should be a recent photograph (within 6 months).
- If the candidates wear glasses they should make sure that there is no reflection and their eyes are seen clearly.
- The signature should be done on the white paper with the black pen only.
- The passport size photograph and the signature should be in the format of JPEG.
- Mark sheet of all qualified examinations
- Certificates and degrees of all qualified examinations
- Caste certificate issued by the competent authority (for SC/ST/OBC candidates)
- Domicile/Residence certificate
- Transfer Certificate and Character Certificate issued by the Principal of last attended Institute
- Adhaar Card
- Passport size coloured photograph with correct dimensions.
- Gap Certificate (if required)
Courses or streams offered by the Madras University
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Medicine and Allied sciences
- Management and business administration
- Engineering and architecture
- IT and computer Applications
- Animation and design
- Humanities, social sciences and arts
How to download Madras University admit card
Admit cards are proof that the candidates have registered themselves in the university. The candidates should carry the admit card on the day of the entrance as it carries the candidate’s details.
- Visit the official site of the University.
- Candidates will be able to see the link to download the admit card.
- . Candidates will come across the login page for the admit card.
- Candidates will have to submit the registration number and date of birth to download their admit cards.
- After submitting the credentials the admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download the admit card and keep it for future references.
Candidates are required to read the prospectus carefully before filling the online application form. Also, Applications must be complete as incomplete applications will be rejected.
It is mandatory that all the information given by the candidate should be correct and authentic.
It is mandatory that the attendance of a candidate should not be less than 75%.
If in the semester I, the university finds shortage in the attendance that that students will be debarred from the examination of semester II.
Relaxation of 5% marks is considered for SC, ST, SCA and differently abled candidates for admission in M.Phil. programme.
Address: Navalar Na
gar, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Instructions after Admission:
- Each admitted student shall have to furnish self-declaration that he/she will not take part in any kind of ragging and maintain the code of discipline inside the campus. Because if the University finds any student indulging in ragging then admission of that student shall be liable to cancel.
- If a student fails to attend the classes on a continuous basis from the date of commencement of the classes then his/her admission shall be cancelled.
Verification of Certificates:
The verification of certificates with demand draft of Rs. 1000/- in favour of “The Registrar, University of Madras”payable at Chennai.
Candidates must have fill the required details such as:
Name of the Candidate:
Centre Code & College Name:
Month & Year of Passing:
Duration of the Course:
Another important information we would like to inform you about is that the admission process for PhD programs of the current session has started already. However, the last date of admission for PhD programs has been extended upto 31st of January 2023. You can take the help of the admission process we have mentioned above in this article and apply for your admission in the university.
For any other general information you can contact the university via the number mentioned ahead 2539 9422, 2539 9746. For particular any admission related query you can contact the university on 2561 3715, 2561 3773. The university campus is located in Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005.
When was Manonmaniam Sundarnar University Established?
University was established in 7 September 1990
What are Contact Numbers & Email id for Manonmaniam Sundarnar University?
Contact Numbers Are: 0462 233 3741 and Email id : email@example.com
What is the Manonmaniam Sundarnar University Address?
Address is: Tirunelveli Rd, Abishekapatti, Tamil Nadu 627012
What approvals does Manonmaniam Sundarnar University have?
Approvals: UGC, NAAC, AICTE
Which courses are offered by Manonmaniam Sundarnar University?
University courses offered: MBA, B.Sc + M.Sc, M.Sc, M.Phil., M.A, Ph.D, PG Diploma, B.A. B.com. B.B.A. B.L.I.Sc. B.Sc.
Which companies visit Manonmaniam Sundarnar University for campus placements?
Companies visit: TVS MOTORS
What is the Official Website of Manonmaniam Sundarnar University?
Official Website Direct Link is: www.msuniv.ac.in
In conclusion we would also like to add a point of information about the university that is the university also offers distance courses and it become very obvious that the eligibility criteria, fees and other such important things are different for distance courses when compared to normal on campus course.The distance course has many bachelor course and other important courses which help students to take care of their education even from a distant.
Post your comments about Madras University Admission 2023-23: Courses, Application Form, Last Dates & Eligibility below. E akhabaar published this Madras University Admission 2023-23: Courses, Application Form, Last Dates & Eligibility in our Univeristy details section by text taken from internet. We takes no responsibility of any errors, Please Check official records.