A list of healthy foods that burn belly fat fast.
Many people struggle with belly fat which can be unpleasant to look at and feel uncomfortable around the abdomen. Fat around this area is caused by having too much of the insulin hormone in the body, which is triggered by eating too many junk foods, processed carbohydrates, sugar, stress and high blood sugars. Unfortunately belly fat can be very dangerous as it surrounds the internal organs in the stomach and raises your risk of type 2 diabetes, fatty liver disease and heart disease.
In this article, we share with you a list of the best foods that burn belly fat and help you to lose weight by lowering insulin levels.
1. Turmeric: Turmeric is an ancient spice which has been used for thousands of years in India to improve health and lose weight. It contains an active ingredient called curcumin which supports the regrowth of healthy pancreas cells. This regulates the insulin hormone in the body and triggers weight loss around the belly.
2. Eggs: Pasture-raised eggs are essential when trying to lose belly fat, as their yolks are a rich source of choline. Choline helps the body to break down and transport fat by supporting a healthy liver. It also helps to strengthen your gallbladder which helps to strip away fat from the stomach. 3. Avocado These superfoods are a great way to reduce sugar cravings and support healthy weight loss in the belly area. We recommend eating mashed avocado for breakfast as the high potassium stabilizes blood sugar levels which lowers insulin. It is loaded with healthy fats, phytonutrients and minerals which help you to tap into your own fat reserves for energy.
4. Sauerkraut: This is a form of fermented cabbage often eaten in Germany and supports the digestive system, helping you to break down foods easily. It is rich in methionine which helps to strip away visceral fat from around the liver and helps to detoxify in internal organs.
5. Olive Oil: This is one of the healthiest oils which we recommend consuming instead of unhealthy vegetable oils. Cold-pressed olive oil contains some essential fatty acids and phytonutrients which lower insulin in the body and support healthy weight loss in the belly area. This is also very anti-inflammatory, helping to heal the inner wall of the arteries, effectively strengthening the heart muscle.
6. Pumpkin Seeds: If you feel stressed often and have belly fat then you may have high cortisol levels. This is another hormone which can cause pot belly if you have too much. Pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium which helps to lower this hormone. They also help control blood sugar levels, which prevents new fat from being formed on the stomach.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar to burn belly fat: Apple cider vinegar is well known for helping you to burn belly fat, as it improves digestion by strengthening the stomach. Drink a tablespoon of this in a glass of water before a meal to absorb more minerals and nutrients from your food. This rapidly speeds up weight loss in all areas of the body.
8. Green Tea: Matcha green tea is one of the more powerful weight loss drinks as it is rich in chlorophyll. This dark green pigment helps to detoxify the liver, reduce inflammation and speed up fat burning. Drinking 2-3 cups a day will also help in suppressing the appetite and boosting energy levels.
9. Beef Liver: Grass-fed beef liver is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. It is loaded with nutrients which reduce inflammation in the body and help you to lose weight. It is rich in choline which has a lipotropic effect, meaning that it strips away fat from your own liver.
10. Cabbage: All forms of cabbage are powerful when it comes to burning fat. Bok choy, purple cabbage, sauerkraut or simple green cabbage are all amazing for boosting friendly bacteria in the gut, therefore improving digestion. The high potassium in these vegetables reduces the need for insulin in the body so that it can burn belly fat as a fuel source.
11. Salmon: Wild-caught salmon is one of the healthiest sources of protein and omega 3 fatty acids. These healthy fats are anti-inflammatory and help your cells to absorb insulin and nutrients. This lowers the use of insulin in the body, which means your body can use its belly fat stores for energy.
12. Cinnamon to burn belly fat: Remember that when insulin is high in the body, the body stops burning fat. Ceylon cinnamon has been shown to lower insulin rapidly and reduce swelling in the belly. It also helps to reduce bloating, gas and constipation which may be making the stomach more swollen.
13. Lemon Water: Many people are deficient in Vitamin C which can lead to clogged blood vessels and belly fat. Simply drink 2-4 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice in a glass of water daily to boost vitamin C. Citrus fruits like lemon, lime and grapefruit can also speed up fat burning by an extra 30 per cent when exercising.
14. Black Seed Oil: Cold-pressed black seed oil is one of the most potent natural medicines known to man. Taking this on a daily basis is said to “melt belly fat” quickly due to its concentrated amount of trace minerals, b vitamins and essential fatty acids. It reduces belly fat quickly by healing the pancreas and fixes insulin resistance. Take this in small pearl capsules daily.
15. Chilli Peppers: Chillies contain a powerful compound called capsaicin which gives them their spicy heat effect in the body. When you eat chillies, the body begins to heat up in a process called thermogenesis. This speeds up the metabolism for burning more calories and losing belly fat.
16. Ashwagandha: Last but not least ashwagandha is the most powerful adaptogenic herb for reducing belly fat. This herb contains healing compounds which help your body adapt to stress. This effectively regulates the stress the cortisol hormone which may be the cause of your belly float or bloated stomach. You can get this in dried or capsule form.
As you can see there are many foods that burn belly fat, so try to get as many of these into your diet as possible. Whole foods and herbs such as these nourish your body so that it can lower its insulin levels and burn belly fat for energy. Remember that belly fat is simply potential energy that you can use. By fixing hormone imbalances and nutrient deficiencies the body can heal itself at the cellular level and regulate its own weight. You can help this process along by performing aerobic exercise each day. Anything that gets the heart pumping like swimming or sprinting effectively speeds up fat burning. Low-stress exercise like long walks and yoga are also highly effective at reducing cortisol levels if you feel tense or anxious often. You may find that 2 long walks a week can have a dramatic effect on your belly as you begin to feel more relaxed. Getting more sleep is essential as fat is burned whilst we are sleeping. If you struggle to get a good 8 hours sleep, try drinking chamomile tea to relax your body at night. We also recommend intermittent fasting, a simple diet trick where you eat all of your calories in a shorter 5-hour window during the day. This allows your body to fast for 19 hours and helps to lower your insulin hormone. Keeping insulin down is the key to any weight loss, but most importantly when trying to lose weight around the belly. Keep this In mind when researching weight loss.