A list of healthy foods that boost growth hormone in the body.
Human growth hormone (HGH) is also known as Somatotropin and is one of the most important hormones used in the body. This is considered to be the main anti-ageing hormone as it stimulates growth and repair of cells muscles, tissues, bones, ligaments, collagen and other proteins. After the age of 45 growth hormone gets lower and lower in the body which often leads to poor sleep patterns, weaker bones, ageing skin, fragile hair, weight gain and hormone imbalances. This is also a key hormone used to trigger fat burning in the body when trying to lose weight. It boosts lipolysis, meaning that your body can use its own fat cells for energy.
In this article, we will share with you a list of 17 foods that boost growth hormone in the body naturally.
1. Chamomile Tea: Growth hormone is most active during sleeping so it’s important to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Chamomile tea contains apigenin which acts as a natural tranquillizer for better sleep and higher growth hormone levels.
2. Turkey Breast: Eating pasture-raised turkey breast is one of the best foods for boosting growth hormone. This is a rich source of L-Arginine, an amino acid used by the body to build growth hormone. This also helps to strengthen the bones and muscles with age.
3. Avocados: When you consume sugar you spike insulin, which lowers growth hormone in the body. Avocados are one of the best sources of potassium to get rid of sugar cravings, helping to boost growth hormone. Its healthy fats can also help in building muscle and burning body fat.
4. Sea Kelp: This is a sea-vegetable which is rich in trace minerals and iodine. This helps to boost hormone production in the body especially thyroid hormones. The thyroid works with growth hormone to convert T4 to T3, helping the body to break down proteins, fats and carbohydrates effectively.
5. Celery: This superfood contains natural compounds which calm the central nervous system and also balance blood sugars. This allows the body to activate more growth hormone due to having better sleep quality and lower blood sugars.
6. Nutritional Yeast: Scientific studies show that vitamin B3 (niacin) is a powerful growth hormone releaser. Nutritional yeast is one of the best sources of this along with the entire B Vitamin complex. This helps the pituitary gland to secrete more growth hormone.
7. Beef Liver: This is yet another excellent source of vitamin B3 for increasing secretion of growth hormone. The grass-fed liver also supplies all essential amino acids, which are used by the body as raw materials for making hormones.
8. Maca Root: If you feel stressed often then it is likely that your body has too much cortisol (the stress hormone). High cortisol blocks the release of growth hormone so we must find ways to calm the body and adrenal glands. Maca Root is a superfood vegetable grown in the Andes Mountains. It is rich in magnesium to reduce stress and cortisol in the body, therefore boosting growth hormone.
9. Lemon Juice: Drink a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice in a glass of water throughout the day. This helps to control blood sugar levels and maintain a youthful healthy body. We highly recommend drinking this when intermittent fasting. Fasting boosts growth hormone by up to 1300% in women, and 2000% in men.
10. Beet Tops: The leaves found on the top of beets are one of the greatest sources of potassium. This works alongside growth hormone to balance blood sugars, reduce insulin and regulate muscle contractions. Eating these supports youthful skin, muscle growth and a stronger heart and body with age.
11. Eggs: Pasture-raised eggs are another great source of arginine, the amino acid used to build growth hormone in the pituitary gland. Growth hormone works with testosterone in men to increase muscle mass and boosts collagen production in women for youthful and healthy skin.
12. Pumpkin Seeds: Eating a handful of pumpkin seeds each day also helps you to get more arginine into your diet. These can be eaten raw, roasted or baked into delicious recipes. They are also rich in minerals which helps to maintain healthy glands in order to balance hormones.
13. Pork Loin: This is considered the second-best food after turkey for supplying arginine, the raw material for growth hormone. Be sure to consume only organic, hormone-free meat products for excellent health.
14. Apple Cider Vinegar: High-intensity interval training (HIIT) is the best form of exercise which can increase growth hormone by up to 400%. Drinking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water before a meal helps your body to metabolise fat and boost energy levels. This helps you to get the most out of your workouts to raise growth hormone rapidly.
15. Coconut Oil: We recommend cutting out unhealthy vegetable oils and switching to extra virgin coconut oil. This is rich in MCT’s (Medium Chain Triglycerides) which naturally increase growth hormone for up to 4 hours after eating. This boosts bone health, immunity, digestion and lowers the risk of heart disease.
16. Watermelon: Eating a small slice of watermelon is a great way to boost citrulline in the body. This amino acid boosts blood flow and the body can convert this to arginine, and then growth hormone. Watermelon is high in fructose, so eat this moderately.
17. Eat Beef Increase Human Growth Hormone Naturally: Last but not least, organic grass-fed beef is high in amino acids like arginine, glutamine, leucine, ornithine, valine and coenzyme-q10. These have a powerful impact on boosting growth hormone and balancing the production of all hormones in the human body.
As you can see there are many foods that you can eat in order to boost growth hormone (HGH) in the body naturally. Try eating a mixture of these on a daily basis and cut out sugary foods and refined grains. After a short time, you may notice stronger nails, healthier hair, more flexibility in the joints of the body, stronger muscles and even healthy weight loss. Remember that growth hormone is most active during sleeping, so you must find a way to relax into a deep sleep each night. High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is the best form of activity to rapidly boost this hormone, and will also help you to sleep peacefully at night, furthering growth hormone secretion even more. As this hormone helps to stabilise blood sugars, you will feel more alert and energised through the day without the need for snacks and extra energy from junk food. When losing weight this hormone is essential as it triggers faster fat burning within the cells of the body. It also helps you to retain memory, concentration and a sharp mind as you get older, or when you are studying or learning.