A list of healthy foods that fight fatty liver disease, So a Diet Plan can help to get rid of this health problem
Fatty liver disease is a medical condition where fat cells build up in the liver. This can lead to inflammation, scarring and liver cirrhosis if left untreated. The good news is that this is completely reversible by eating the right foods and correcting the diet. The fatty liver disease blocks the liver from performing its 500+ functions properly, especially when it comes to filtering out toxins and storing nutrients.
In this article, we will share with you a list of healthy foods that fight fatty liver disease. Consuming these foods helps to cleanse the liver and trigger healing at the cellular level.
1. Garlic: Garlic is by far one of the best foods that you can consume to improve the health of the liver. This bulb is rich in sulphur and selenium which help to detoxify the liver and help it to balance hormones. Sulphur helps the body to produce glutathione, which reverses fatty liver disease.
2. Beef Liver: Those with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) are often deficient in choline. Grass-fed beef liver is the best source of this important nutrient. Choline has a lipotropic effect, meaning that it can strip away fat from the liver and reduce inflammation.
3. Egg Yolks to get rid of fatty liver: People who follow a low-fat diet are more likely to get a fatty liver. This is because important fat-soluble nutrients are needed by the liver in order to function properly. Pasture-raised eggs are another rich source of choline, B vitamins and other nutrients to trigger healing in the liver.
4. Sauerkraut: This is a form of fermented cabbage often eaten in Germany. This is extremely healthy for digestive health and is a rich source of methionine. Methionine improves liver function by detoxifying harmful chemicals from the body. 5
. Bone Broth: This is made from boiled animal bones and contains the three ingredients needed by the liver to produce glutathione. Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant which aids in reversing both alcoholic fatty liver disease (AFLD) and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
6. Brussels Sprouts: These are the highest vegetable source of choline, the essential nutrient needed for dissolving fat from the liver. We recommend lightly steaming your vegetables, as this makes it easier for the body to absorb their nutrients
7. Broccoli: We highly recommend consuming broccoli on a regular basis when trying to cleanse, detoxify and heal the liver. Broccoli is another great source of choline and also contains sulforaphane which improves liver function dramatically.
8. Kale: This cruciferous vegetable is one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world. It contains more antioxidants than most other plants. These help to reduce inflammation, help the liver with detoxification and even help in stripping fat from the liver itself.
9. Beet Tops food to treat fatty liver: Beet tops are another excellent leafy green rich in phytonutrients that heal the liver. The high potassium in beet tops takes the strain off the liver by helping to balance blood sugars and regulate hormones.
10. Parsley: People who have a fatty liver tend to have high estrogen levels, which can cause ‘man-boobs’ in men and estrogen dominance in women. A fatty liver struggles to filter out excess amounts of this hormone. Consuming parsley helps the liver to filter out excess estrogen and other harmful toxins.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar: This is one of nature’s most powerful healers and works by improving digestion. Apple cider vinegar helps your body to absorb more nutrients from the foods that you eat. Essential nutrients must be absorbed in order to reverse fatty liver disease and heal the liver. Drink a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar in a glass of water before each meal.
12. Coconut Oil: Switch from using unhealthy vegetable oils and start cooking with extra virgin coconut oil. This is rich in MCT’s (Medium Chain Triglycerides) which help to lower inflammation in the liver. The healthy fats in coconut oil help your liver to produce bile and detoxify the body.
13. Sardines: When reversing a fatty liver, we must consume foods that strengthen the gallbladder, as this works with the liver to make bile. Bile is used to break down and remove the fat that accumulates in the liver. Omega 3 fatty acids found in sardines support a healthy gallbladder and bile production.
14. Turkey: Turkey is one of the greatest source of methionine, an important amino acid used to build glutathione in the body. This antioxidant works fast to help strip fat away from the liver and improve its overall performance.
15. Radish: These contain a special compound (RsPHGpx) which breaks down toxins into small particles and removes them from the liver and blood. This improves liver function and fights fatty liver disease.
16. Turmeric: Last but not least, turmeric is a delicious spice used in India for thousands of years. This contains curcumin, a powerful compound that helps to heal liver cells. It also assists the liver in detoxifying heavy metals and supports bile production. As you can see there are many foods that you can consume to reverse and fight fatty liver disease. The liver is one of the only organs in the body that can completely regenerate, even after scarring has occurred. Be sure to consume leafy green cruciferous vegetables every single day, as these are absolutely essential in detoxifying the body. We highly recommend following a healthy ketogenic diet (Keto) to fully reverse fatty liver disease. This involves cutting out refined carbohydrates and eating a high amount of vegetables and natural fats. Remember that nutrients are needed from saturated fats to heal the liver. Low-fat diets have been shown to worsen the situation. Intermittent fasting is another excellent method for healing the liver. This involves eating all of your daily calories within a short window during the day. This gives your body the opportunity to regenerate and heal itself at the cellular level. If you are diagnosed with fatty liver disease, it is recommended to take a choline supplement of at least 400mg per day to speed up healing.