The health benefits and uses of Night Jasmine also known as Harsingar
1. Night Jasmine is a tree which grows in tropical climates around the world. It has some wonderful uses as natural medicine. It is commonly known as harsingar in India.
2. The flowers, roots and leaves of this tree are often used to make herbal medicines or tinctures. The leaves are most commonly boiled to make herbal tea.
3. This is most commonly used to treat arthritis pain. It has the ability to lower inflammation within the joints due to its a high concentration of antioxidants.
4. It also can be used to help elderly people increase their eyesight. This method is common in Ayurveda, the ancient Indian form of healing.
5. Night Jasmine is often used to treat those who are suffering from a fever. It can be used to bring down the fever for those who are experiencing excessive thirst.
6. The leaves are crushed and mashed to create a paste and mixed with honey. This has a bitter taste but is used to heal the throat and lungs when suffering from a cough.
7. It also works as a laxative and helps those suffering from constipation. This helps to flush the body of intestinal worms and parasites.
8. The flowers of the night jasmine are used to treat stomach disorders such as chronic constipation. They are also said to help relieve the pain of sciatica.
9. The stem of night jasmine or harsingar contains glycosides which are used to destroy harmful bacteria and infections.
10. The bark from the stem is also powdered and used to treat arthritis and sciatic nerve pain.
11. Those who suffer from vertigo use this in order to ease their condition. It has a soothing and calming effect.
12. This also is used to ease stress and anxiety in the form of herbal tea, usually mixed with honey to sweeten its bitterness.
13. Night Jasmine also reduces phlegm, and mucus during a cold or infection. The antioxidants and flavonoids heal the body from within.
14. Like many other herbs and leaves, it has the ability to destroy harmful bacteria and fungus on the scalp to treat dandruff. Simply wash the hair with the tea to achieve this effect.