The health benefits of a cinnamon and apple cider vinegar drink, and a simple recipe to use at home.
1. Cinnamon is a delicious spice which was used by the ancient Egyptians as a natural medicine and embalming agent. It was also used by the Indians and Romans for healing and is referenced in old texts such as the old testament.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar was also used by the ancient civilisations as a natural medicine and antiseptic at least 8000 years ago. The ancient Greeks recommended and prescribed it as a “Healing Elixir”
3. When these ingredients are mixed together they form a powerful remedy which has some tremendous health benefits. This work wonders in helping you to burn fat, especially for those who are overweight. At the same time, they lower inflammation throughout the body for those with arthritis.
4. Cinnamon bark contains three powerful compounds, called cinnamaldehyde, cinnamic acid and cinnamate. These have been scientifically shown to be stronger than many medical drugs for reducing pain and fighting diseases and infections. Apple cider vinegar works hand in hand with the cinnamon by introducing its powerful acetic acid and enzymes. This drink rapidly boosts your body’s digestion, allowing you to absorb more nutrients from every meal and heal the billions of cells in your body.
Recipe: You Will Need: 250ml Warm Water (1 Cup) 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon Powder
Method: Mix the ingredients together in a glass and stir well. Drink this on an empty stomach every morning before breakfast. It is very important that you use raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar, as this contains the proteins and enzymes that the body needs. For the best possible results, look for Ceylon cinnamon powder, as this is the healthiest form of cinnamon, and rapidly lowers inflammation. If you do not like the taste, simply add a little raw honey or xylitol for sweetness.
5. The acetic acid and compounds from the cinnamon work together to trigger weight loss in the body. These ingredients reduce fat storage, especially in the belly area. They help you to tap into your own fat reserves for energy.
6. Drinking this every day is excellent for those who suffer from anxiety or depression. The antioxidants help brain cells to communicate with each other. Improved digestion also boosts cognitive function and helps you to think more clearly.
7. The rich amount of polyphenols and antioxidants preserve the brain and protect it against Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s and other neurological disorders.
8. Studies have found that cinnamaldehyde in cinnamon as an extremely powerful natural cancer fighter. It does this by inhibiting the growth of cancerous tumours and killing cancer cells. This works particularly well at improving the health of the colon, reducing the risk of colon cancer.
9. Apple cider vinegar and cinnamon are also highly anti-inflammatory and are stronger than aspirin and ibuprofen. This lowers the risk of stomach ulcers, high cholesterol and heart disease.
10. The mixture of cinnamon and apple cider vinegar also detoxifies the liver and flushes out waste from the digestive system. This can be helpful when quitting smoking, drinking or other addictive substances.
11. The cinnamon works to reduce muscular pain, whilst the vinegar helps your body to absorb new minerals to strengthen the joints, bones and connective tissues.
12. Many athlete’s and muscle trainers use both of these ingredients to improve the health of their cells and strengthen the body.
13. After drinking this for over a week, you may notice that you begin to feel calmer, and think more clearly. It improves the health of the central nervous system and lowers the stress hormone cortisol.
14. This drink improves your body’s ability to absorb nutrients from foods that you eat for the rest of the day. Drinking healthy juices or eating cruciferous vegetables alongside this drink get the vitamins into your cells quickly.
15. Many people in Eastern countries use cinnamon regularly for its delicious flavour and aroma. This helps them to stay looking younger for longer, as their digestive system works efficiently and they have less oxidative stress in their bodies.
16. Cinnamon essential oil or bark sticks can also be purchased for use in healthy recipes. The oil is more potent and can be used for massages on aching muscles.
17. If you prefer you can purchase a capsule supplement of cinnamon and apple cider vinegar. These are easier to take on the go, but the fresh variety is always best.
18. This drink contains healthy doses of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, manganese, vitamins A, K and amino acids. These vitamins and minerals improve the health of the millions of cells within the body.
19. Acetic acid within the drink helps to regulate blood sugar levels by improving insulin sensitivity. This is extremely beneficial for those with diabetes and those trying to lose weight.
20. Apple Cider Vinegar also destroys harmful pathogens found in foods, particularly in seafood. It can also be added to a little olive oil to make a healthy salad dressing.
21. Cinnamon can be used to naturally preserve foods and is being added to more and more healthy foods to replace harmful additives.
22. The mixture works as a natural antihistamine for those who suffer from allergies such as hay fever, hives or allergic rhinitis.
23. You may add a little raw honey to the mixture if you wish to improve the health of your skin. The three ingredients work together to treat acne, rosacea, swelling and redness. You can also apply cinnamon oil directly to the skin for a fast-acting cure
24. A study showed that cinnamon contains more antioxidants than 26 other superfood spices such as garlic and oregano.
25. Healthy substances within cinnamon help to protect the mouth from tooth decay and bad breath.
26. Initial research has also found that cinnamon can boost the immune system and help to fight against HIV-1. Tests showed cinnamon to be stronger than 69 other medicinal plants studies.
27. If you suffer from acid reflux or a painful burning sensation in the chest then you may be suffering from indigestion This happens when the stomach is too alkaline and struggles to break down foods. The apple cider vinegar strengthens stomach acid and allows it to break down foods properly. This relieves heartburn, acid reflux and indigestion pain The healthy substances and nutrients in the cinnamon are then easily absorbed by the body and your overall health increases.
28. The cells of the body become open and ready to receive nutrients after a period of fasting or sleep. This is why you should drink today remedy in the morning on an empty stomach. The nutrients will be absorbed much faster, allowing you to enjoy higher energy levels through the day.
29. After drinking today’s mixture for a week or more, you may notice the skin becoming clearer and healthier looking. You may also experience higher energy levels and a general feeling of wellbeing.
30. For more benefits, feel free to add turmeric, black pepper, cayenne and other healthy spices to this mixture.