The health benefits of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and a simple recipe to use at home Apple Cider Vinegar was used by the ancient Egyptians as a natural medicine and antiseptic at least 8000 years ago. It was recommended and prescribed in Ancient Greece as a “Healing Elixir” Lemon Juice was also used by ancient civilisations for purifying the body and to break a fast in the Middle East. It still used today to boost health and vitality. When these ingredients are mixed together, they form a unique remedy which has some fantastic health benefits These work wonders in cleansing fat from the liver, especially for those who are overweight. Lemon Juice contains a powerful compound called Citric Acid. This has been scientifically shown to be a powerful antioxidant helping the body to fight diseases and infections. Apple Cider Vinegar works hand in hand with the lemon juice by introducing its powerful acetic acid and enzymes. These rapidly boosts your body’s digestion, allowing you to break down foods and absorb more nutrients from every meal.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Water Drink Recipe: You Will Need: 250ml Water 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar 2 Tablespoons Raw Lemon Juice Method: Mix the ingredients together in a glass and stir well. Drink this before a meal or on an empty stomach every morning before breakfast. It is very important that you use raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar, as this contains the enzymes and acetic acid that the body needs. You should also use freshly squeezed raw lemon juice and avoid bottled varieties, as only raw, unpasteurized juice contains the important Vitamin C. If you do not like the taste of this drink, simply add a little stevia or erythritol for sweetness.
Let’s take a look at 18 health benefits that you can enjoy when drinking apple cider vinegar and lemon water on a daily basis.
1. Weight Loss: The acetic acid and citric acid work together to trigger weight loss in the body. These ingredients reduce fat storage, especially in the belly area. They help you to tap into your own fat reserves for energy by increasing insulin sensitivity and balancing blood sugars.
2. Liver: Support Drinking this every day is an excellent way to support your liver, as it has been shown to help detoxify the organ and strip away visceral fat. It does this by helping the gallbladder to release bile which breaks down fat cells.
3. Anti-Inflammatory: Apple cider vinegar and lemon water is also highly anti-inflammatory and helps to get rid of pain in different areas of the body. The antioxidants and natural compounds act as natural pain killers.
4. Helps Arthritis: Drinking this mixture on a daily basis helps those suffering from arthritis, joint pain and bone pain. The healthy acids help your stomach to absorb more minerals, which strengthen the bones and joints and connective tissues.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Water Drink Boost Energy: Many athletes use both of these ingredients to improve the health of their cells and mitochondria. This allows their cells to store more energy for better performance, strength and stamina.
6. Brain Health: After drinking this for 1-2 weeks, you may notice that you begin to think more clearly. It improves the health of the central nervous system and can enhance memory and recall.
7. Absorb Nutrients: The drinks main power is helping your body to absorb nutrients from other foods that you eat during the day. Eating healthy wild-caught fish and cruciferous vegetables alongside the drink helps the vitamins and minerals to get into your cells fast.
8. Digestion: Apple cider vinegar, in particular, helps to speed up digestion by helping your gallbladder to release bile, and the pancreas to release enzymes. These all work together to break down fats, proteins and carbohydrates from your food.
9. Immunity: Lemon Juice and Apple Cider Vinegar are powerful immune-boosting agents and help to fight off infections and disease. The natural acids and Vitamin C help to speed up white blood cells in the body so that they can respond faster to invaders like bacteria or viruses.
10. Reduce Swelling: If you have to swell in the legs or feet, then today’s remedy can help. It reduces a build-up of unwanted fluids which could be causing pressure in the muscles and joints. This also aids in lowering high blood pressure.
11. Anti-Ageing: Many people in Eastern countries use lemon juice regularly. This combined with their healthy lifestyle helps them to stay looking younger for longer because they have less oxidative stress on their bodies. They also often add a little turmeric to this drink, for an added boost.
12. Supplement: If you prefer you can purchase apple cider vinegar in dried capsule form, however, the fresh liquid is best. If you don’t have access to fresh lemons, look for an organic unpasteurised bottled variety which only contains lemon and water.
13. Nutrition: This drink contains healthy doses of Vitamin C, acetic acid, folate, potassium, flavonoids, antioxidants, citric acid and imonins.
14. Destroys Pathogens: Apple cider vinegar and citric acid help to destroy harmful pathogens found in foods, particularly seafood. You can also add lemon juice and ACV to a little olive oil to make a healthy salad dressing.
15. Helps Addiction When quitting smoking, drinking or other substances you may consider drinking todays mixture. By supporting a healthy liver, it helps to get harmful chemicals out of your body faster, so that you can get past cravings.
16. Treats Acid Reflux If you suffer from acid reflux or a painful burning sensation in the chest then you may be suffering from indigestion. This happens when the stomach struggles to break down foods because it is too alkaline or has a high Ph. The apple cider vinegar and lemon juice drink strengthen stomach acid, bringing the Ph. down to its natural levels. The stomach then breaks down foods properly, relieving heartburn, acid reflux and indigestion pain. The minerals and nutrients from your foods become absorbed properly, and your overall health increases.
17. Reduce Oxalates: Many plant-based foods like nuts, seeds and vegetables contain oxalates. These can form painful stones in the kidneys and joints if there are too many in the body. This drink helps the stomach to break down oxalates in order to prevent unwanted stones in the body.
18. Caution: Always be sure to add the water to ACV and Lemon Juice, as the mixture alone is a little too powerful to drink. Drinking the mixture ‘neat’ could cause minor acid burns to the throat, so always add water. Those who are taking diabetes medications or insulin should avoid this drink and consult a doctor before use.
19. Skin Health: After drinking today’s mixture for a week or more, you may notice the skin becoming clearer, brighter and healthier looking. Healthy skin is a positive indicator of your internal health. As you can see, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice is an amazing combination for human health.