The health benefits and uses of Licorice Powder.
1. Licorice powder is made from the dried and ground roots of the licorice shrub. It was used by the Ancient Egyptians and herbal medicine and was found in the tomb of King Tutankhamen.
2. Licorice has a very distinctive sweet flavour and is commonly used to flavour candied sweets in Europe and around the world. It is also very popular in Chinese medicine.
3. The Chinese use this herb to treat a variety of different problems. It is well known to increase energy levels and promote well being. It does this by stimulating the adrenal glands to produce healthy doses of adrenaline.
4. It can be used to treat chronic fatigue syndrome as it has a positives effect on the glands throughout the body.
5. One of the most popular methods is using licorice powder for skin whitening in India. The powder is mixed with flour and milk to produce a lightening face mask, which creates a fair skin tone in around 10 days.
6. Licorice powder is an excellent source of the plant hormone oestrogen. These balance out the body for women with menopause or menstrual cramps.
7. The powder is also applied to the skin to treat psoriasis and eczema. The powder is added to a gel formula and is evenly distributed where skin problems are present.
8. Another popular use for this herb is to treat coughing. It is excellent for cold a respiratory problem as it promotes mucus drainage, and lubricates the respiratory tract. It is often added to cough mixtures and cough sweets for its wonderful soothing abilities in the throat and chest.
9. It is important to not take too much licorice as it can deplete potassium levels. We recommend eating a healthy diet filled with raw salad leaves and vegetables to keep your potassium levels high during a cold.
10. Studies have shown that licorice root can suppress the toxic bacteria called H.Pylori which is a growing problem in the West.
11. You can take licorice powder in the form of capsules if you wish. This has been shown to soothe gastrointestinal problems, such as food poisoning, stomach ulcers and heartburn.
12. Licorice Root contains glycyrrhizic acid which can be used to treat peptic ulcer disease and gastritis.
13. Over time, this herbal powder can lower stress levels as it supplements the adrenal gland and helps everything work the way it should. This promotes healthy levels of the stress hormone cortisol in the body.
14. Many Chinese practitioners use licorice as a form of cancer treatment for those with breast and prostate cancer.
15. To learn more about health powders and natural remedies, please see our playlist at the end of the video. Thank you very much for listening, alike is always appreciated and remember to