The health benefits of pine oil.
1. Pine oil is a natural medicine which has been used for thousands of years. This is obtained from pine needles by steam distillation.
2. This is used in a great range of household and disinfectant cleaning products as it has a unique aroma and has powerful antibacterial properties.
3. Pine essential oil is often used in aromatherapy and is inhaled from use in oil burners, candles or room sprays. This has a calming effect on the body.
4. It has most commonly been used to reduce the effects of a cold by breaking down mucus in the throat or nasal cavities. The naturally occurring compounds promote fast healing.
5. It is often mixed with a carrier oil and massaged into the skin to relieve aching muscles or redness of the skin.
6. Pine essential oil can also be applied to treat boils, cuts, bruises and athlete’s foot like a natural treatment. Its antiseptic and antifungal properties destroy harmful pathogens.
7. Those who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis can apply this to painful areas. The natural properties of this oil reduce pain and swelling.
8. Used topically it will also relieve muscle pain and reduce spasms, particularly if you suffer from leg cramps.
9. One of the best ways to use this is by adding a few drops into your bathwater. This makes it easy to inhale the aroma in a relaxing and wonderful way.
10. Alternatively, you could purchase a room diffuser and add a few drops along with water. These devices allow easy distribution of essential oils into the air to promote healing and restoration.
11. Inhaling this also stimulates the nervous system and helps you to think more clearly. It also has the positive side effect of boosting energy levels.
12. Pine oil is extremely concentrated and is not recommended to take internally. However, tea can be made from fresh pine needles if you wish to enjoy some of the internal benefits for the body.