A list of home remedies for bleeding gums
Many people suffer from the common problem of bleeding gums. This can often happen when we brush our teeth, but you may also find blood leaking from the mouth at night. This can be very worrying, but the good news is that it is very easy to treat bleeding gums naturally at home
Let’s take a look at some of the best natural remedies available to treat this problem.
1. Wheatgrass Juice Rinse Mix a little water with a teaspoon of wheatgrass juice, and swish around the mouth for 3 minutes twice a day. This naturally fights infections in the teeth and gums and lowers inflammation of gum tissue.
2. Baking Soda Paste This is a natural product which is often used in cooking. Make a paste by adding a little water to some baking soda and gently brush the teeth and gums. This gets rid of acids in the mouth which may be causing the gums to bleed, also destroying harmful bacteria which sits around the teeth edges. Do this twice per day.
3. Salt Water If you have bleeding gums it is likely that the gums are inflamed and you may even suffer from a toothache. Saltwater is an excellent remedy for this. Mix 1 teaspoon of sea salt with 250ml of warm water. Gargle with this mixture and rinse around the entire mouth. This gets rid of mouth pain quickly and can heal the gums when used regularly. Do this three to five times per day.
4. Neem Leaves Neem leaves are highly effective in treating problems with the gums, skin and tissue matter of the body. They destroy harmful invaders and get rid of bleeding gums quickly. Mash a handful of leaves using a pestle and mortar to make a paste. Boil these in 1 litre of water for 15 minutes. Store this and use as a natural mouthwash and gargle for the next 3 days. Use morning, noon and night.
5. Vitamin K Foods Bleeding gums may be caused by a vitamin K deficiency. Rather than taking unhealthy supplements, begin eating lots of fresh leafy greens such as kale, broccoli, spring onions or sprouts to boost your intake. This may lower inflammation internally within the body.
6. Oregano Oil Brushing the teeth with oregano oil has an anti-inflammatory effect on the gums. The antioxidants and natural compounds in this wonderful natural product work to heal gum disease and infections. It destroys bacteria, fungus, parasites and viruses.
7. Aloe Vera Gel Fresh Aloe Vera contains some powerful medicinal properties. Rub the pulp from within the leaves all over the gums with the fingers. Hold this in the mouth for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Do this three times per day for the best effects.
8. Green Tea Green tea or Matcha Green Tea contains powerful healing properties for the entire body. Drinking this regularly throughout the day lowers inflammation in the gums, especially if you wish the tea around the mouth before swallowing. This rich source of antioxidants works wonders for treating bleeding gums.
9. Vitamin C Foods Adding a natural source of vitamin C into your diet can boost your bodies healing abilities, and heal problems related to the mouth. We recommend eating Sauerkraut often as this is one of the richest sources on the planet. Bell peppers and cabbage are also excellent sources.
10. Cod Liver Oil or Krill Oil Some studies have shown that gum disease and bleeding gums are linked with a deficiency of omega 3 fatty acids. Taking a daily supplement of cod liver oil, or krill oil will boost your intake and potentially cure the problem.
As you can see, there is a range of home remedies that you can use to get rid of bleeding gums. Try out some of these and see which works best for you. Be sure to brush your teeth at least twice a day to get rid of plaque, which can inflame your gums and make them bleed.