There are several ways to settle in New Zealand from India, but the most common way is to apply for a work or residence visa.
Here are some ways you can apply for a work or residence visa to New Zealand from India:
- Skilled Migrant Category (SMC): This is a points-based system that assigns points to an applicant based on their qualifications, work experience, age, among other factors. If you can score enough points, you will be eligible to apply for residence under the SMC.
- Work Visa: If you have a job offer from a New Zealand employer, you can apply for a work visa. This will allow you to live and work in New Zealand for a certain period of time and may lead to PR after a period of time working and meeting the requirements.
- Study Visa: You can also apply for a study visa if you have been accepted into a New Zealand educational institution. After completing your studies, you may be able to apply for a post-study work visa which can lead to PR after a period of time working and meeting the requirements.
- Business Visa: If you have a business or entrepreneurial idea, you can apply for a business visa which can lead to residence after 2 years.
- Family sponsorship: If you have a close family member who is a New Zealand citizen or resident, they may be able to sponsor you for residence.
It’s important to note that each category has its own set of eligibility requirements, and the process of getting a residence or work visa can be complex. It’s recommended to check the official website of the Immigration New Zealand (INZ) for the most up-to-date information and to consult with a qualified immigration agent or lawyer for specific advice on your case.
Keep in mind that the process of settling in a foreign country can be challenging and time-consuming, and that the Covid-19 pandemic could affect the process as well as the availability of options and quotas.