Check BATATA POHA Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
BATATA POHA Ingredients & Instructions
Batata Poha / Aloo Poha Recipe / How to Make Aloo Poha Recipe
Batata Poha is one of the Maharashtrian recipes made with poha and potato combination. Poha is a snack made of flattened rice. Poha is cooked with lightly frying mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chili, onion, turmeric, potato, peanut, chili powder and then add moistened poha with spicy mixture and steamed for a few minutes, garnish with coriander leaves. Jalebi is often eaten with poha. Serve with lemon juice before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Thick Poha – 2 cup
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 10-11
- Chopped Green Chili – 2 nos.
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Peanut – 1/2 cup
- Potato – 1 large
- Pinch of Turmeric Powder –
- Salt as per taste –
- Sugar – 1/4 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil for frying – 2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Wash poha 2 to 3 times under cold water and soak in enough water till poha becomes soft.
- After 30 seconds drain off all excess water from poha, cover and keep aside for 15 min.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chili.
- Fry it till the spluttering stops and add onion.
- Fry it till gets soft.
- Add peanuts and potatoes, stir frequently, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt and powdered sugar, stir well.
- Cover and cook for another 5-6 minute.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot batata poha with a cup of tea.
BATATA POHA was last modified: April 2nd, 2014 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about BATATA POHA below. If you know any more ways to cook BATATA POHA then let us know.