Check DOODHI MUTHIA RECIPE Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
DOODHI MUTHIA RECIPE Ingredients & Instructions
Doodhi Muthia Recipe / Doodhi Muthia / Steamed Doodhi Muthia Recipe / Dudhi Na Muthiya Recipe
Doodhi muthia recipe is traditional Gujarati healthy breakfast dish. It is made of wheat flour, semolina, lauki and spices. You can serve as a snack tea or even as a light dinner along with green chutney.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Difficult
- Grated Lauki-Bottle Gourd-Doodhi-G/Ghia) – 2 cup
- Grated Onion – 1/4 cup
- Wheat Flour(atta) – 1/2 cup
- Besan Flour – 1/2 cup
- Rava-Semolina – 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Asafetida – 1/4 tbsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Suagar – 1 tbsp
- Ginger(paste) – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) – 2-3 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Chopped Green Chilies – 3-4 nos.
- Mustard Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- White Sesame Seeds – 2 tbsp
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, besan, semolina, turmeric powder, asafoetida, baking soda, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, salt, sugar, ginger paste, green chilies, coriander leaves, lemon juice and oil.
- Squeeze out as much as possible water from bottle gourd and onion.
- Use your all strength to squeeze out water and add it to the bowl, mix well.
- Make soft dough and use water if needed (may be you will need tablespoon or more or less).
- In a steamer, add about an inch of water and cook till it’s come to boil.
- Spread some oil on steamer tray with holes in it and grease it well.
- Spread some oil on your palms and divide the dough in to four equal portions.
- Shape each portion in to cylindrical roll approximately 5 inches long and 1 inch in diameter.
- Arrange on grease tray and steam it for 20-22 minutes.
- Check with a knife. If the knife comes out clean, it is cooked.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then cut into half inch slices.
- For tempering, heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seed and sesame seed, saute.
- Add the slices muthia and mix gently, muthia do not break and cook it till you get little brown and crispy muthia.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
DOODHI MUTHIA RECIPE was last modified: April 3rd, 2014 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about DOODHI MUTHIA RECIPE below. If you know any more ways to cook DOODHI MUTHIA RECIPE then let us know.