Check LEMON OATS RECIPE Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
LEMON OATS RECIPE Ingredients & Instructions
Lemon Oats Recipe / Lemon Oats / Easy Oats Breakfast Recipes
Lemon Oats Recipe is just oats upma with lemon flavour. It is easy to make, tangy in taste and nutritious healthy breakfast. It is quick breakfast recipe. It is made of oats, green chilies and spices, flavored with lemon juice and garnished with roasted peanut. The lemon juice give tangy taste, green chilies provide a spicy taste and peanuts give crunchyness.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7-9 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Skill Level: Easy
- Oats (lightly dry roasted for 4 min.) – 1 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 11/4 tbsp
- Roasted Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for frying –
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Split gram dal – 1 tbsp
- Bengal gram – 11/2 tbsp
- Green chilies (slit) – 2 nos.
- Red chilies (tear and de-seed) – 1 nos.
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 10-11 nos.
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seeds, allow to splutter.
- Add the dals and fry it till turns lightly red.
- Add green chilies, red chili, curry leaves and asafoetida, mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add water and salt, bring to a boil.
- Add oats and mix well.
- Cook it till oats becomes soft.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot lemon oats with chutney or yogurt.
LEMON OATS RECIPE was last modified: March 19th, 2014 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about LEMON OATS RECIPE below. If you know any more ways to cook LEMON OATS RECIPE then let us know.