Check Masala Dosa Recipe Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
Masala Dosa Recipe
Dosa is a thin crispy made using fermented rice and lentil batter. Masala dosa is one that has potato masala or spiced and seasoned potatoes stuffed in it. Masala dosa are served with Sambar and Coconut chutney. Masala Dosa Recipe is a very popular dosa recipe in all of the dosa varieties.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Urad (without skin) – 1 cup
- Rice – 4 cup
- Oil for frying –
- Salt as per taste –
- Methi Seed – 1 tbsp
- Boil Potatoes – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – ¼ tsp
- Cumin Seed – ¼ tsp
- Split Urad Dal – ½ tsp
- Asafetida or Hing – a pinch
- Curry Leaves – 4 to 5
- Chopped Onion – 1 nos.
- Chopped Green chilly – 1 or 2 nos.
- Turmeric powerd – ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- For making batter:—-
- Wash and soak dal, rice and methi seed for 6-7 hour.
- In a grinder, add soaked dal-rice and make a fine paste.
- Add salt and keep aside for 6-7 hour.
- Now dosa batter is ready.
- For spicy Masala Filling:——
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seed, cumin seed, split urad dal and asafetida, allow it to splutter.
- Add green chillies add curry leaves and let them crackle.
- Add sliced onions and saute till onions become soft.
Add salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
Add the mashed potatoes, mix well and cook for a minute.
Lastly, add the coriander leaves and keep it aside to fill in the dosa.
- For making crispy masala dosa:—-
Cook in the non-stick pan on the stove and heat the oil in a tawa on medium flame to make the pan greasy and after that wipe the greased pan with a clean cloth.
- Take a ladle full of dosa batter and drop it at the centre.
- Start spreading the batter in a circular way evenly and cook it for 2-3 min.
Smear some oil on the surface and corners.
Cook for few seconds.
Add the potato masala filling at the centre, fold it.
Remove from the griddle.
Serve it with chutney or sambar.
Masala Dosa Recipe was last modified: July 29th, 2019 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about Masala Dosa Recipe below. If you know any more ways to cook Masala Dosa Recipe then let us know.