Check MOONG DAL KI KACHORI Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
MOONG DAL KI KACHORI Ingredients & Instructions
Moong Dal Ki Kachori / Khasta Kachori Recipe / Khasta Kachori
Moong dal ki kachori is a spicy snack popular in various parts of India including Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Bengal and Orissa. Kachoris are Indian style Fried flaky puff pastries stuffed with different type of salty or sweet stuffing’s. Perfect kachori is that is puffed up and flaky outside but hollow inside as the filling sticks to the crust. It is usually a round ball made of fine flour and dough filled with a stuffing of yellow moong dal, cumin seed, hing, ginger paste, red chili powder, garam masala, dry mango powder and salt, fried it till turns little golden brown and crisp.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
For Dough : —–
- Maida (Fine flour) – 2 cup
- Oil (for dough) – 4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
For Stuffing : ——
- Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tbsp
- Ginger Paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying –
- Water as needed –
- For making filling:— Wash and soak the moong dal for 4 hours.
- In a grinder, add soaked moong dal and make coarsely paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and grinded moong dal, mix well.
- Add red chili powder, ginger paste, garam masala and dry mango powder, mix well.
- Break all the lumps of besan and cook it for 5 minutes or till mixture becomes dry and allow to cool.
- For making dough—: In a big bowl, add maida, oil and salt, mix well.
- Add hot water little at a time and knead it to make smooth dough.
- Spread some ghee on top and cover the dough for 15-20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, knead the dough ball again to smooth it.
- Divide it in to 20 equal portions and roll between your palm and make smooth flatten ball.
- Take small portions from the dough and make a hole in each round portion and pour 1 tbsp stuff in it.
- Make sure to seal tightly and make the entire balls with stuffing and cover it with damp cloth.
- Using your end part of your palm press gently all sides and make about 2.5 inch diameter circle (make sure that dough do not break and filling will not come outside).
- Heat the oil in a pan on low flame and slide the kachori carefully one by one in hot oil for frying.
- They should come up slowly. They will puff up. It will take about two minutes then turn over and fry again.
- Fry till both sides turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot moon dal ki kachori with curd or tamrind chutney.
MOONG DAL KI KACHORI was last modified: April 14th, 2014 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about MOONG DAL KI KACHORI below. If you know any more ways to cook MOONG DAL KI KACHORI then let us know.