Check OATS UTHAPPAM RECIPE Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
OATS UTHAPPAM RECIPE Ingredients & Instructions
Oats are a good source of manganese, soluble dietary fiber, iron, magnesium and vitamin B1. Oats are also found to be good for diabetes. They are easy to make. Oats uthappam is made of wheat bread powder, oats, rice flour, rawa, salt, cumin seeds and curd and spreading the vegetables such as a onions, green chilies, ginger, carrot, capsicum and coriander leaves. You can also use any other vegetables too. Serve with green chutney.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-9 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Skill Level: Medium
- Whole wheat bread (remove sides, powder ) – 4 large size
- Oats – 1 cup
- Rice – 1/3 cup
- Rawa – 1/4 cup
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Curd (Dahi) – 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Grated Carrot – 1 nos.
- Finely Chopped Capsicum – 1 medium
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1-2 mos.
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 11/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- In a bowl, add wheat bread powder, oats, rice flour, rawa, salt, cumin seeds and mix.
- Add the yogurt and baking soda and mix.
- Add water as required to make a thick batter and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- For vegetable mix, in a bowl, add onions, green chilies, ginger, carrot, capsicum and coriander leaves, keep aside.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- When hot, add a few drops of oil to it and swirl to coat all sides of the pan.
- Now pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan and lightly use the ladle to spread the batter into a circular shape from the center outwards, make a circle of diameter roughly 4-5″.
- Drizzle few drops of oil along the edge of the uthappam and increase flame to medium, cook for a few seconds.
- Top the uthappam with 2 tbsp of the vegetable mixture and cook on low to medium flame till the uthappam is lightly browned and almost cooked.
- Flip over gently and allow to cook for a little less than half a minute.
- Flip over with vegetable side up and remove carefully into a serving plate.
- Serve hot oats uthappam with green chutney.
OATS UTHAPPAM RECIPE was last modified: October 25th, 2019 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about OATS UTHAPPAM RECIPE below. If you know any more ways to cook OATS UTHAPPAM RECIPE then let us know.