Check POTATO ADAI RECIPE Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
POTATO ADAI RECIPE Ingredients & Instructions
Potato Adai Recipe / How to Make Potato Adai / Sweet Potato Adai-Pancakes
Potato Adai Recipe is made from rice, masoor dal, urad dal, chana dal, curry leaves, red chili, green chili and potato. It is a very tasty item but if vegetables are added to it, the taste is amazing. It is a delicious and healthy way to start your day. This is a quick breakfast/brunch recipe. This is the regular pan cake mixed with batter and sliced potato.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Skill Level: Medium
- Rice – 2 cup
- Chana Dal (split Bengal gram) – 1 cup
- Masoor Dal – 11/2 cup
- Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
- Red Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Black Pepper – 5-6 nos.
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Oil for making dosa –
- Potato (thin sliced) – 2 nos.
- Wash and soak the rice, dals, green chili and red chili for 6-7 hour.
- In a grinder, add soaked rice, dal, green chili and red chili, make a smooth paste.
- Add salt and keep a side for 5-6 hour.
- Take out some batter and dilute with water till you reach the right consistency and it should be thick but easy to spread.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- When hot, add a few drops of oil to it and swirl to coat all sides of the pan.
- Now dip the potato slices in the batter and place it on the pan in a circular form.
- Fill the remaining portion with the batter to make a correct circular shape.
- Sprinkle the black pepper powder on the top.
- Drizzle with a little oil and lift the edges of the adai to allow oil to go under it.
- Flip now and cook it till the other side turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot potato adai with hot sambhar and chutney.
POTATO ADAI RECIPE was last modified: March 14th, 2014 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about POTATO ADAI RECIPE below. If you know any more ways to cook POTATO ADAI RECIPE then let us know.