Check RAVA DOSA RECIPE Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
RAVA DOSA RECIPE Ingredients & Instructions
Rava Dosa Recipe / Rava Dosa / Instant Crispy Rava Dosa Recipe / Sooji Dosa
Rava dosa recipe is another popular south indian dosa variety and instant version of dosa. It is made with rava or semolina, which does not need fermentation. Basically it made from rava or semolina, rice flour and some spices. You can enjoy with chutney.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Rawa (semolina) – 3/4 cup
- Rice flour – 3/4 cup
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Desiccated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Water – 4 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for frying –
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Black peppercorn – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 2-3 nos.
- In a mortal and pastel, add cumin seeds and black peppercorns, crush them coarsely and keep aside.
- Heat the pan on medium heat, add cashew nuts and desiccated coconut, roast it for 3-4 min and keep aside, allow to cool.
- In a grinder, add roasted cashew nuts and desiccated coconut, make fine powder and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add semolina and rice flour, mix well.
- Add fine powder and 1 cup of water, mix well.
- Add another 1 cup of water and mix well, make very very thin batter.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add ginger paste, green chilies and fry for 2-3 min.
- Add crushed cumin and black peppercorns with curry leaves and fry it.
- Add tempering to dosa batter and mix well, keep aside for at least 1 hour.
- Now batter is ready.
- Heat the nonstick pan on medium flame, sprinkle some oil on the pan.
- Stir the dosa batter and take ladle full of batter and spread it in a pan and make thin layer.
- Cook it till turn brown in bottom and it will leave the sides of the pan and you will get to know that bottom side is done.
- Flip it and let it cook on other side.
- Serve hot rawa dosa.
RAVA DOSA RECIPE was last modified: February 20th, 2014 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about RAVA DOSA RECIPE below. If you know any more ways to cook RAVA DOSA RECIPE then let us know.