Check SOFT IDLY RECIPE Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
SOFT IDLY RECIPE
Today I am telling you how to make soft idli batter with rice or rava. Soft idli can be made in 2 ways, one is using rice and the other using idli rava. I am sharing both the method. Here are recipes for making rava Idli. Soft Idliy Recipe is a very famous South Indian recipe which is very simple to prepare at home. Idli is served hot with saagu and coconut chutney.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Idly Rice – 4 cup
- Urad Dal – 1 cup
- Methi / Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Wash and soak urad dal with methi seeds for 4-5 hour, keep aside.
- In another bowl, take rice wash and soak for 4-5 hour.
- Now drain the excess water from soaked urad dal and rice.
- In a grinder, add the urad dal and little water.
- Make a smooth and fluffy paste, take it out in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a grinder, add soaked idly rice and and little water.
- Make a smooth paste and the rice batter is ready.
- Now in a big bowl, add rice batter, urad dal paste and salt as per taste, mix well.
- Add water and make the batter of smooth consistency.
- For fermentation:— Cover with lid and keep it in a warm place about 6-7 hours.
- After fermenting, the batter is frothy.
- Stir well and now idly batter is ready.
- Grease the idly holder or idli moulds well with oil.
- Fill each of them with ¾ th full of batter.
- place the idli plate into steamer and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Gently take the soft idlies from the plate using a greased spoon.
- Serve hot idli with coconut chutney.
SOFT IDLY RECIPE was last modified: July 29th, 2019 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about SOFT IDLY RECIPE below. If you know any more ways to cook SOFT IDLY RECIPE then let us know.