Check SPROUTED MOONG CHILLA Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
SPROUTED MOONG CHILLA Ingredients & Instructions
Sprouted Moong Chilla / Sprouted Moong Dal Chilla / Moong Dal Pancake / Sprouted Moong Dal Cheela
Sprouted moong chilla is a popular and healthy breakfast recipe. Cheela is made of sprout moong beans, rice flour, onion, green chili, ginger, coriander leaves and spices. Dosa is a delicious lentil based pancake recipe which is best enjoyed with a spicy chutney.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Moong Dal (Sprout) – 2 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Rice Flour – 1 cup
- Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Chopped Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- A Pinch Asafoetida –
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- In a grinder, add green chili, ginger and sprouted moong dal, make a paste.
- In a bowl, add grinded moong dal, onion, red chili powder, coriander leaves, hing and rice flour, mix well and stir the batter for 4-5 min.
- Cover the batter with a lid and leave it for 10-15 min.
- Take out some batter and dilute with water till you reach the right consistency and it should be thick but easy to spread.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- When hot, add a few drops of oil to it and swirl to coat all sides of the pan.
- Now pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan and lightly use the ladle to spread the batter into a circular shape from the center outwards, make a circle of diameter roughly 6-7″.
- Drizzle with a little oil and lift the edges of the cheela to allow oil to go under it.
- Flip now and cook it till the other side turns little golden brown.
- Server hot sprouted moong cheela with green coriander chutney.
SPROUTED MOONG CHILLA was last modified: April 2nd, 2014 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about SPROUTED MOONG CHILLA below. If you know any more ways to cook SPROUTED MOONG CHILLA then let us know.