Check URAD DAL PURI Cooking details from Food Recipe information Database section on e akhabaar
URAD DAL PURI Ingredients & Instructions
Urad Dal Puri / Urad Dal Ki Poori / Urad Dal Ki Puri Recipe / How To Make Urad Dal Puri
Urad dal puri is a famous North Indian breakfast recipe. Urad dal puri is also known as Bedmi Kachori. It is a fried puffed bread with a mixture of wheat flour, urad dal and spices. Urad dal poori is made on any festival or on any occasion or function. Urad dal puri is made of wheat flour, urad dal, ginger, coriander leaves and Indian spices. You can serve as breakfast or as lunch or as dinner. You can enjoy with aloo curry or pickle or raita.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Urad (without skin) – 1 cup
- Wheat Flour or Atta – 2 cup
- Oil (for dough) – 1 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chili – 3 nos.
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying –
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Wash and soak urad dal for over night.
- In a grinder, grind soaked urad dal, green chili, ginger, black pepper and coriander leaves, make coarsely paste.
- In a big bowl, add atta, urad dal paste, dry mango powder, oil and salt, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Divided it in 12 equal portions and make a smooth ball without any cracks and flatten it between your palms roll it in a circle of 2 ½ – 3 inch diameter.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep fry, slide the poori carefully and press very gently with spatula when it tries to come on top and puff up.
- After it puffs up, turn on other side.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot urad dal poori with curd or pickle or curry.
URAD DAL PURI was last modified: April 14th, 2014 by Authentic Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Post your comments about URAD DAL PURI below. If you know any more ways to cook URAD DAL PURI then let us know.